Two slight problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two slight problems

Well I left my car this morning got back out and noticed I've got a bit of a leak coming from right around the filter, now I'm a big guy and couldn't crawl under to investigate fully but it looks as though its coming from the filter area? Any ideas there?

The second problem, while driving coming off the interstate I noticed I pulled it out of 5th gear and it basically went straight into reverse?! It didn't actually go into the gear cause I didn't stop it but it didn't stop itself! Any help on these two areas would be great!

Sent from a bathroom.

What filter. What kind of car. How the hell did you do the second one?
    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

My bad, 2000 GT, motorcraft filter.I was just driving and shifted out of 5th and it ground...so...

Sent from a bathroom.

Comment

Throw a new filter on it and make sure the old sealing oring is not stuck on the block. Some times they stick then you throw on another filter and it leaks. That is the best place to start if you think that is where it is coming from.
        Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

I just changed the oil last week. So I know that's not it, but ill check it!

Sent from a bathroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Fry86 View Post
            Well I left my car this morning got back out and noticed I've got a bit of a leak coming from right around the filter, now I'm a big guy and couldn't crawl under to investigate fully but it looks as though its coming from the filter area? Any ideas there?

The second problem, while driving coming off the interstate I noticed I pulled it out of 5th gear and it basically went straight into reverse?! It didn't actually go into the gear cause I didn't stop it but it didn't stop itself! Any help on these two areas would be great!

Sent from a bathroom.
            Originally posted by Fry86 View Post
            I just changed the oil last week. So I know that's not it, but ill check it!

Sent from a bathroom.
            Sounds like you don't.

But, there are power steering lines that run in that area as well, and there *could* be the oil sending unit in the area as well, but don't quote me on the sending unit.

Comment

plus the oil filter adapter gasket is prone to leak on those also

Comment

Working...
              X