Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New old stock tires - would you run them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had 10 yr old tires on my truck before I changed wheels. I'll trade you some almost new 255/45's for the 315's.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I would go for it but the 555R's (12.1") run a little narrower than the 555's (12.6") and hopefully will give me the clearance I need on the springs and fender lip. I think the guy has more of these. If you are interested can get you his contact info
      Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

Got em this week. Good looking tires but thinner sidewalls then I would have expected and overall a lighter weight tire than other tires in the same size. Will get these mounted this weekend.
        Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

you mentioned that this guy has more 315 drag radials. if so, i'm interested in further info on that deal.

Comment

It also depends on how they're stored. Tires are just like your skin, over time the oils and such are leeched from the tire and it leaves them dry and hard. That's why you see old tires with cracks and whatnot. Stored indoors at a climate controlled building, maybe. In a non-climate controlled building, no. Outside, FUCK THAT.

Comment

He had three sets of the NT555R's in a 315/35-17 but am told he is now sold out. These were kept inside, still nice and soft, no cracks and still have stickers.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X