08 ford edge wheel bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08 ford edge wheel bearing

My wifes 08 edge has a loud ass roaring noise out of the passenger side of the rear end, I looked it up and it seems to be a common problem for the torque arms putting to much pressure on the wheel bearing and eating them up. Has anybody changed them before, how hard is it, do I need a press.

Ford says in its TSB, to replace the trailing arm and bearing together. It also says if only replacing bearing, noise will return.

The bearing alone is a bolt in style bearing. Very easy.

I have done many, under warranty. Arms and bearings. The arm is the worst part of the job.
    Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Some 2007-2009 Edge and MKX vehicles built on or before 12/4/2008 may exhibit a growl or howl type noise coming from the left and/or right rear wheel area. This could be the result of a faulty rear wheel hub bearing assembly.

ACTION:
      Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

If Workshop Manual (WSM) diagnostics identify a faulty rear wheel hub bearing, it will be necessary to replace the rear suspension trailing arm/knuckle assembly along with a new rear wheel hub bearing assembly.
      Refer to WSM, Section 204-02, for rear wheel hub bearing and trailing arm/knuckle replacement. Only replace the rear suspension trailing arm/knuckle assembly and rear bearing hub on the side with the concern. Failing to install a new rear suspension trailing arm/knuckle assembly when installing a new rear bearing hub assembly will result in premature bearing noise/wear.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
      9T4Z-5A972-C Trailing Arm/Knuckle - FWD (RH)
      9T4Z-5500-C Trailing Arm/Knuckle - FWD (LH)
      9T4Z-5A972-D Trailing Arm/Knuckle - 4WD (RH)
      9T4Z-5500-D Trailing Arm/Knuckle - 4WD (LH)
      7T4Z-1104-B Bearing Hub - FWD (2007-2008)
      7T4Z-1104-C Bearing Hub - 4WD (2007-2009)
      9T4Z-1104-A Bearing Hub - FWD (2009)

WARRANTY STATUS:
      Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
      IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
      100209A 2007-2009 Edge, MKX FWD: Replace ONE Rear Wheel Hub Bearing And Trailing Arm Knuckle Assembly 1.3 Hrs.
      100209A 2007-2009 Edge, MKX AWD: Replace ONE Rear Wheel Hub Bearing And Trailing Arm Knuckle Assembly 1.5 Hrs.
      100209B 2007-2009 Edge, MKX FWD: Replace BOTH Rear Wheel Hub Bearings And Trailing Arm Knuckle Assemblies 2.4 Hrs.
      100209B 2007-2009 Edge, MKX AWD: Replace BOTH Rear Wheel Hub Bearings And Trailing Arm Knuckle Assemblies 2.8 Hrs.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Working...
        X