Steering Box Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Box Rebuild

Hi all, I'm hoping someone knows of a place that can rebuild the steering box from my 67'.

Your 67 what?

Comment

From his profile pic, I'd say it is a mustang....

Comment

I thought it was obvious being DFW MUSTANGS, but I guess I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sixty6sixty7 View Post
          I thought it was obvious being DFW MUSTANGS, but I guess I was wrong.
          This is not a mustang site fyi

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
            This is not a mustang site fyi
            Thanks for the info...

Borgeson Universal Co rebuilds old steering boxes 860-482-8283. If you have any extra cores they will buy those from you as well.

Comment

Thanks for the info cool cat. I found a place kinda local in Haltom City. Texas Steer is the name incase anyone else needs the same info.

Comment

Be wary about getting a re-manufactured steering box from auto parts store, I dropped around $195 plus a $150 core charge for one from O' Reilly's for my Jeep, I have put ~maybe~500 miles on it, and it already has about 60* of play in it. Yeah, it has a lifetime warranty, but it sucks having to pull it off and reinstall it.

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

This place is rebuilding the one from my car. From the feedback I have seen about them and after talking to the guy on the phone it sounds like a good deal. Yes I agree with you on the local big chain auto parts having replaced more alternators and starters than I care to remember. Sometimes 2-3 in row in a few hours time to find one worth a damn.

Comment

Working...
                  X