wheel hop in IRS cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel hop in IRS cobra

I know this topic is nothing new. I have beat myself to death searching the corral, stangnet, the old site etc etc.. trying to find a more cost effective way to eliminate wheel hop on my 01'. My plans for the car are nothing crazy. Right now its all stock with just a cat back and cai. If I do anything else to it, it will be a set of longtubes and a tune. With that said, I took my car to the track this weekend and had nothing but wheel hop in first sec and on the shift to third. I know the 99/01's IRS didnt recieve the forward torque brace that the 03/04's did. I am going to purchase that as well as IRS subframe bushings and control arm bushings. Just installed the IRS diff brace as well as the front IRS pinion bushing before the track outting. To keep cost down I was wondering if anyone had experience with the STEEDA control arm/sub frame bushings and if they'd be plenty for what I am looking for. M.M. wants $500 for the delrin bushings which I am aware is stronger/less deflection then the Steeda poly's. As I said though... This is car wont be receiving a power adder. Just looking to make it hook a little better at the track.

With all that money you're about to drop in that thing, why don't you just buy a used 8.8 SRA out of a GT, or see if you can get a trade for one?

Comment

the car is my daily driver. I was never a fan of the IRS untill I drove this car. For daily use and for it being a lowered mustang it rides NICE compared to my SRA turbo fox. As far as money goes though... The bushings are $180 from steeda and the forward torque brace is $80 thru ford. Not to horrible... Id just like to take my 2.0 wheel hop 60ft down to a 1.8 and not have my teeth rattle out. Or break a half shaft.

Comment

Pill it 'til you kill it, then put a built SRA in

Comment

Oh Ive thought about it... Either some spray or a single turbo. My foxbody is the power adder toy though. It cost waaayyy to much money to build a 4valve. Especially since my 01' has cast pistons/rods and a crappy transmission.

Comment

If you decide to change bushings and need help let me know i have a can of wd-40 ready and a torch somewere. lol.
            2007 Silverado CC
            1970 Mustang Coupe

True Street Motorsports. 972-542-9886

Comment

Originally posted by streetdemon70 View Post
              If you decide to change bushings and need help let me know i have a can of wd-40 ready and a torch somewere. lol.
              Ive gotten smarter in my old age. No open flame needed. They make an removal tool for them. Best $22 dollars ever spent.

Comment

Working...
              X