remote turbo oil system build/advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
    Also, I posted up in your truck thread, where did you get those cal-tracs for so cheap? if you don't mind? I figure I'm going to need some traction, even though I only want bottom 12's.
    The caltracs were anything but cheap - the 100$ was only the sliders.

The caltracs and springs were 800-900$

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
      The caltracs were anything but cheap - the 100$ was only the sliders.

The caltracs and springs were 800-900$

Yeah, I was hoping that you were speaking about the bars themselves.
      I was looking at the smith racecraft assassins.

Ded

Comment

I saw those, very nice but $$$$$$. I've been looking, but most of the manufacturers don't list the heat rating as continuos use.

I also want one with metal gears or gerotor as they are waaay better than plastic gears and diaphram.

I was looking at these ones.

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/oilsystems.htm
        I have one in my garage right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mychael101 View Post
          I have one in my garage right now
          rb or weldon? Are you trying to sell it?
          Ded

Comment

rb or weldon? Are you trying to sell it?
            rbracing and it's for sale
            make me an offer

Comment

What size is it?
              Ded

Comment

Yeah, it would look better, but I'm looking for cheap/functional and the few builds I've seen that took this route, haven't had any issues.

I need to find a diagram showing where to tap the cover. If it would work better, the added cost would be minimal as I already have a box of used fittings. I thought the dedicated oiling system would be awesome, but I think it may just be too complicated.

Also, I've seen a lot of thread stating that, when using a scavenge pump, you should vent the feed to the pump, from the turbo. That way it doesn't put the chra under vacuum.

IDK if that's a fact, but it would be easy if it's necessary. Anyone know?

Also, does anyone know somebody that could weld a flange and some test pipes (to remove cats) on the spare exhaust I have? That way I don't have to spend $$$ on a good welder.
                I don't want to get some harbor freight crap.

Comment

I'm using the turbowerx on both my cars. Awesome pump. I don't recommend the weldon, it can't keep up.

On venting. One of my cars is vented and the other isn't. Try it without and see. You'll know pretty quick if you need one.

Comment

So you had the turbo polished so you can stick it under your truck?

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                      So you had the turbo polished so you can stick it under your truck?
                      I'd trade him my unpolished turbo for his polished turbo. It would look much better on the GTO than under the truck
                      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Well, truck is in the shop. Getting a Some suspension work, roll pan, rst spoiler (custom) and depending on price, possible a silverado SS front end conversion.

Next will be cal-tracks, rear end build and then........turbo!
                        Ded

Comment

Very nice
                          1997 viper gts
                          1986 turbo mustang
                          1987 Buick grand national
                          1972 nova

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post

And this may help with placement ( at the end I back off so you can see about where it is )

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t=3466f692.mp4

These are JIC fittings.

Comment

Ordered a turbo werx scavenge pump, lines and fittings. Still need the intercooler and hp tuners.
                              Ded

Comment

Ordered a turbo werx scavenge pump, lines and fittings. Still need the intercooler and hp tuners.
                                I put two of these cheap bastards on my car. at idle you can feel a huge difference from entering the first and exiting the last one. I ran them inline due to me not having much room. They say they cool a lot better if you Y after the turbo and go into each cooler separately then Y back after the coolers.

With you doing a truck, I guess room isnt an issue

Comment

Working...
                                X