Vacuum issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum issues...

Idle is bouncing around... kinda weird tho, idles perfectly fine on cold start (850ish) but after driving on the highway or at regular speeds for a few mins, it idles around 1100 - 1350 bouncing around between there.

I've cleaned the IAC, replaced the TPS, checked vacuum lines, and have found nothing.

Now, the vacuum lines on the passenger side of the car have no vacuum on them. They come out of a couple of regulators I assume... looks like they are supposed to feed the EGR valve, and some emmissions lines around passenger side of the engine. I have no idea how this shit goes together, and cant seem to decypher some of the diagrams I see online. Would anything on this side of the car cause a bouncing idle (when the lines don't appear to have any vacuum on them)?

87 GT non-HO btw.

Comment

You just have to trace it down. I would start at the vacuum tree and go from there. There is also another vacuum connector behind the glove box under the dash. That's about all I got for ya.
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
      X