? about timing belt change....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
    I've thought about this, it would result in a catalyst damaging misfire which should be picked up by the pcm, this would more than likely result in a check engine light on constant or flashing.

I would hope the shop would have better quality control than to let it out the door if this were the case.
    Depends on if he took it to a shop like yours or one that couldnt care less about quality control.

Comment

Take that crippled old bitch to Skip at Grapevine Ford and have him put L' in brand new GT, NEGRO! Hot ass girl needs to be in a hot ass car...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
        Take that crippled old bitch to Skip at Grapevine Ford and have him put L' in brand new GT, NEGRO! Hot ass girl needs to be in a hot ass car...

LOL.....she would be speechless if you got it for her.

Comment

ok....transmission mount and engine mounts have been replaced. Majority of the rough vibration is gone,but engine still turns rough when you get to upper rpm's(around 3k and up). So that has to be the balancer and/or the cv shaft you all mentioned. Gonna drop it off again and have him keep it till it's fixed. I'm being patient with him and he is as well, but it's starting to piss me off a bit. Gonna try to take a video and upload to let you all hear it.
          Last edited by Rafa; 12-15-2010, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
            ok....transmission mount and engine mounts have been replaced. Majority of the rough vibration is gone,but engine still turns rough when you get to upper rpm's(around 3k and up). So that has to be the balancer and/or the cv shaft you all mentioned. Gonna drop it off again and have him keep it till it's fixed. I'm being patient with him and he is as well, but it's starting to piss me off a bit. Gonna try to take a video and upload to let you all hear it.
            Why not trade it in on something nicer?

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
              We havent even gotten to the point where maybe they miss timed it initially and bent a valve or four...
              time for a leakdown. this is worst case but i wouldnt be surprised

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                Why not trade it in on something nicer?

Believe me, we've talked and she wants to wait it out. Car has not giving us any issue at all up till this issue. It's on it's 2nd engine because when I had the timing belt and water pump replaced the 1st time(shop back home), water pump failed,engine froze which caused the pistons to scar the walls pretty bad. The shop ended up putting another engine in it at their cost. Interior is pretty clean, needs a paint job, but other than that, it's a good car. I was going to get rid of stang and galant to get her a new one, she said no,but I'm thinking of doing it and not telling her about it. She likes the fusion,altima, and maxima. Might call up Skip.

Comment

The upgraded look on the Fusions is very well done. The 4cyls are getting excellent MPG for a midsized four door car. Hell get her a v-6 stang...'H'
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Bout fucking time. They finally went back to redo everything and what do you know....it fucking worked. Car drives smooth now. He said the issue was the balance shaft which I told him that last week after you all told me that.

thanks for the advice

Comment

Good to see everything worked out for you man. Congrats.
                      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                      There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                        Good to see everything worked out for you man. Congrats.

Thanks....I bought it back in 99 and tried to keep up with it. It's been payed off for 6 years. Everything still works. Transmission still shifts like the day I bought it. A/C will probably need a flush, other than that, it's a good car.

Comment

Glad its fixed, those dang balance shaft belts can be tricky to get right. When i do them, i mark gears/pulley and the old belt. Then have the boss QA it B4 the cover is put on.

Comment

Working...
                          X