question about piston condition and cleaning up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about piston condition and cleaning up

i am selling a short block that had low mileage. i know this for fact but to me the pistons look like they have been to hell and back. i started with wd 40 and a scrotch brite pad to try to clean them up as seen on the second to from left.
    my questions are
    1. is this pretty typical of a piston or is this a product of something like running to rich?
    2. can they be cleaned all the way up to look nice? or would that be misrepresenting the short block. (i dont want to rip anybody off)

Whats low milage?

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
      Whats low milage?
      10k ish

Comment

iv used a wire wheel and dont hit the cylinder walls and blow it out real good.

Comment

Doesn't do shit. And I'd rather have carbon'd pistons than scotch brited pistons.
          Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
            Doesn't do shit. And I'd rather have carbon'd pistons than scotch brited pistons.
            Yea it could go either way.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
              10k ish
              for $350?

Comment

for $350?
                yes sir. comes with receipts. has forged pistons arp oil pump drive shaft, will come with pan short block dog bones and spyder. you can have the frpp lifters if you want. pistons were fly cut and have receipt

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                  yes sir. comes with receipts. has forged pistons arp oil pump drive shaft, will come with pan short block dog bones and spyder. you can have the frpp lifters if you want. pistons were fly cut and have receipt
                  fuck thats cheap.

Comment

fuck thats cheap.
                    i sold it to a guy from laredo who also picked up the heads but he decided he didnt want to drive up here so he got the heads, roller rockers, injectors, and a tach instead and had me mail it to him. so i have the short block again.

Comment

Working...
                    X