tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuning

would it be worth looking into have a tune made for my '08 Escape 2.3? i want it to have a little bit more power and, most importantly, improve my MPGs. im gonna look into making a CAI and exhaust for it. i would like it to have roughly 175 hp. im not looking for alot, just enough to let it run more efficiently. if so, where should i start? who is the best at making a new tune? i have looked and nobody makes a CAI, exhaust or chip/programmer for the 2.3L.

Is your personal opinion of the driveability of your vehicle worth the money?
    Making your own CAI is fairly simple. I made the one in my mustang for less than $40.
    Depending on your fabrication abilities exhaust can range between $600 to $1500 if you're doing header, high flow cat, and decent muffler.
    The tune will be where it will all come together and will be necessary to wind up with exactly what you want.
    I absolutely hate the drive by wire setups on new vehicles. This alone makes a tune worth it for me. I strongly feel like our Jeep would gain 2-4 mpg just by addressing shift points and the lack of response in my pedal. Add in the CAI and full exhaust to address the piss poor engineering, and we should see another 2 mpgs, until the go pedal gets mashed.

Comment

Working...
    X