P0302: misfire cylinder 2 (1996 GT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P0302: misfire cylinder 2 (1996 GT)

I've replaced both rear o2's, fuel filter, injectors, spark plugs, spark plug wires, and coil packs.

What's my next step? I need this damn thing inspected.

Does it have an active misfire, as in clear codes and run, the p0302 comes back?

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
      I've replaced both rear o2's, fuel filter, injectors, spark plugs, spark plug wires, and coil packs.

swap #2 plug & wire over to #6, see if the code comes back and, if it does, is it P306.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Check the injector wiring to the plug causing the issue...

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
          Does it have an active misfire, as in clear codes and run, the p0302 comes back?
          yes sir

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          swap #2 plug & wire over to #6, see if the code comes back and, if it does, is it P306.
          3rd set of wires, it's always P0302 after clearing multiple times

Originally posted by MstangsBware View Post
          Check the injector wiring to the plug causing the issue...
          I will check that tonight. I didn't see anything unusual while swapping out everything else but I will look more thorough.

Comment

Interesting enough there is no CEL. Every time I drive by Oreilly's I check the computer and the code is always there, and every time I clear it. NO CEL though.

It runs ok for the most part but it does hesitate a bit at WOT, and fuel economy is in the shitter.

No foul odors to speak of.

Comment

compression and leak down check...
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Does the CEL come on when you turn the key to on without starting?
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                  compression and leak down check...
                  I'm thinking you may be on to something here. I hope you're wrong

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                  Does the CEL come on when you turn the key to on without starting?
                  I can't recall. I'll check that tonight as well.

Comment

I'm thinking you may be on to something here. I hope you're wrong

I can't recall. I'll check that tonight as well.
                    I am only asking because if it doesn't then that would explain why the light does not come on when it throws the code.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                      I am only asking because if it doesn't then that would explain why the light does not come on when it throws the code.
                      Just checked it. It does come on with the key, and goes out of course.

Comment

Interesting.. from alldata...Note: Running out of fuel may turn the MIL on and possible store a continuous misfire DTC. Any chance? If not as said above compression check.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                          Interesting.. from alldata...Note: Running out of fuel may turn the MIL on and possible store a continuous misfire DTC. Any chance? If not as said above compression check.
                          I have never run out of gas, in this car anyway. The fuel filter was pretty damn dirty when I blew it out after I removed it, reminded me of lake water. It didn't really run bad prior to removing it, just did it at the time of oil change and I didn't know the last time it was done.

Comment

Come to think of it, the instructions for changing the fuel filter did say to disconnect the fuel cut-off inertia switch and crank it until the fuel lines are empty.....

Comment

Isn't that just to bleed off pressure?

Comment

Working...
                              X