Blow Thru Carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blow Thru Carb

Im going carb on my race car build its going be a 331 stroker with a Vortech blower . anyone has any suggestions on what blow thru carb to use

A carb and forced induction is a huge pain in the ass. Good luck with it.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Pm Turbostang on here and have him build you one with HIS brpv in it. He's good, he's local, and his valves are a better design then the ones you get from other companies.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        A carb and forced induction is a huge pain in the ass. Good luck with it.
        I guess if you don't know shit about carbs it would be a pain in the ass. Doing one on a blower car would be cake compared to a Turbo car.

Comment

Talk to Patrick at Prosystems. Its not a pain if you get the right carb.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
            I guess if you don't know shit about carbs it would be a pain in the ass. Doing one on a blower car would be cake compared to a Turbo car.
            LOL @ butthurtedness - I've done a carb'd turbo with a friend on a budget. Getting that car to behave right was a nightmare.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
              Talk to Patrick at Prosystems. Its not a pain if you get the right carb.
              Isn't Patrick the same Guy that said blow thru wouldn't work 5 years ago. Lol. If your dead set on ordering one from somewhere like that go with CSU for gas or C&S for methanol. I recommended Brooks because he's works on a ton of blow thru and he's local. Pro systems is a joke.

Comment

LOL @ butthurtedness - I've done a carb'd turbo with a friend on a budget. Getting that car to behave right was a nightmare.
                What exactly am I butt hurt about?

But your reply explained all the problems when you said "BUDGET"

Comment

What exactly am I butt hurt about?

But your reply explained all the problems when you said "BUDGET"
                  You're reply seemed like a little bit of an overreaction. It was on a '72 Datsun 510 and factory carb. Spent a summer on it and never could get it to stay stoich, either too rich or too lean, but never in the middle. Ended up putting a VG30DETT in it and call it done. Now every time I see a carb hat I get headaches.

Comment

Isn't Patrick the same Guy that said blow thru wouldn't work 5 years ago. Lol. If your dead set on ordering one from somewhere like that go with CSU for gas or C&S for methanol. I recommended Brooks because he's works on a ton of blow thru and he's local. Pro systems is a joke.
                    Ok, I guess the ones he did for me where a fluke then.

Comment

You're reply seemed like a little bit of an overreaction. It was on a '72 Datsun 510 and factory carb. Spent a summer on it and never could get it to stay stoich, either too rich or too lean, but never in the middle. Ended up putting a VG30DETT in it and call it done. Now every time I see a carb hat I get headaches.
                      Definitely not butt hurt. I think its funny that everyone thinks blow thru is a weird complicated ordeal when its really not.

Comment

Definitely not butt hurt. I think its funny that everyone thinks blow thru is a weird complicated ordeal when its really not.
                        My opinion is based on my own experience with them. From what I understand they have carbs now meant for it so that sounds like all of my problems would be solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
                          Ok, I guess the ones he did for me where a fluke then.
                          Well I've seen more negative on them than positive, and never seen a blow thru car that has done anything impressive with a Pro Systems.

Comment

My opinion is based on my own experience with them. From what I understand they have carbs now meant for it so that sounds like all of my problems would be solved.
                            Blow thru technology has come a long ways in the last 5 years. To be honest I don't even know what a factory datson Carb would look like, damn sure don't sound like a fun ordeal.

Comment

Blow thru technology has come a long ways in the last 5 years. To be honest I don't even know what a factory datson Carb would look like, damn sure don't sound like a fun ordeal.
                              Yeah this was back in '01. It was like putting a turbo on a murray lawn mower.

Comment

Working...
                              X