Got a draw somewhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a draw somewhere

Hooked up the volt meter and pulled all fuses and unplugged the alternator and still didn't find where its coming from. What's next on finding where this irritating draw is coming from?

car specs are in my sig
    2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

c'mon guys...where the hell is greenbullit at
    2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Did you check your negative cable to ground and the positive cable to the starer already?

Comment

Did you do a search? Someone just helped me with this

Comment

i looked through the thread you started and i've done everything they suggested...had a test light on the negative terminal of battery, pulled all fuses and disconnected alternator and the light stayed on the whole time

Comment

Did you make sure the doors were shut and key off, all lights off etc?

Comment

Newer cars have modules (computers) that have to go to sleep (shut down), some can take anywhere from 30 minutes to hours once the key is removed from ignition or a door is opened or closed, fwiw

Comment

i was aware that they have to go to sleep just didn't know how long it took and i did close all doors and everything was off when checking fuses

Comment

Like I said, it can take 30 min plus, also if you remove a fuse and replace it, it can cause q module to power up

Comment

Best way to test for a draw is to use a volt meter with the ability to measure amps, place meter on highest amp setting, usually 10 amp. Remove positive OR negative cable, connect negative meter lead to negative battery terminal or positive meter lead to positive battery terminal depending on which cable you disconnect, connect remaining meter lead to disconnected battery terminal. You will now be measuring the electrical drain. Monitor for next 30 Min to hour to see what it shows, it needs to be less than .1 amp, .0xx amp would be acceptable. I usually use small pair of vise grips to hold lead to battery terminal and push other lead under insulation of cable to hold it.

Comment

this shit is irritating...I have to drive it everyday to keep it charged. If I leave it sitting for 36 hours, battery will be dead. Is that a big draw?

Comment

That would be pretty decent, probably .1 to .3 amp

Comment

The radios on some Fords will drain the battery if left on even with the car off...

Comment

i have a head unit but aftermarket speakers or amp

Comment

Working...
                            X