Problems after a tune-up. Need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems after a tune-up. Need help.

So, if I drive the 2000 expedition for 1/2 an hour, it will start to sputter. More at higher speeds and seems to be on inclines. Previous computer diagnostic said there was a misfire in 3. Replaced coil pack in 3 and it's still doing it. Can a brand new spark plug be defective? It is some cheap ass auto zone shit. I'm going to go have codes checked again tomorrow. I like to figure this out before Friday, so my sister can drive it to Texas for Christmas.

TIA for any and all help.

It doesn't sputter unless driven for a while. Nothing will happen in 15 minutes. About how long it takers her to drive to work.

Maybe your porcelain's cracked. Pull the plug.
    -'89 Half-real Saleen with a belt squeak

Comment

bad Intake manifold gasket or vacum leak can make it misefire.

Comment

Did it do the same thing before AND after the coil pack was swapped ?

Did you change ANYTHING else, other than the #3 coil pack ? Spark plug ?

Did you replace the plug only on #3 cylinder ? If so, did you gap it to factory specs ?

How many miles are on this vehicle ?

-Aaron

Comment

Did you change ANYTHING else, other than the #3 coil pack ? Nope Spark plug ? Nope

Did you replace the plug only on #3 cylinder ? If so, did you gap it to factory specs ? Yes, if I recall it was .54

How many miles are on this vehicle ?129k I believe.

The first cylinder on the drivers side closest to the radiator we got a new fuel injector for.

Fixing to go to Autozone to check for codes.

Comment

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
            Did you change ANYTHING else, other than the #3 coil pack ? Nope Spark plug ? Nope

Did you replace the plug only on #3 cylinder ? If so, did you gap it to factory specs ? Yes, if I recall it was .54

How many miles are on this vehicle ?129k I believe.

The first cylinder on the drivers side closest to the radiator we got a new fuel injector for.

Fixing to go to Autozone to check for codes.
            You lost me there. So you DID change one plug ? You also said you've got a new fuel injector for one cylinder....has it been installed yet ?

Do you know if all of the plugs and wires/coil packs have ever been changed on this vehicle yet ?

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
              You lost me there. So you DID change one plug ? You also said you've got a new fuel injector for one cylinder....has it been installed yet ?

Do you know if all of the plugs and wires/coil packs have ever been changed on this vehicle yet ?

-Aaron
              Sorry, I changed all the spark plugs and gapped them. I got a new fuel injector cause the boot/seal/fitting at the bottom of the old one cracked and no one sold replacement boots. I did install it as well.

Since the sputtering started I have no replaced the new plug I installed.

Comment

Isn't .54 a bit wide?
                Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                  Isn't .54 a bit wide?
                  .054, hopefully. But, even then.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                    .054, hopefully. But, even then.
                    Exactly.
                    Full time ninja editor.