Anyone have experience with these radiators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have experience with these radiators

Had to pick up another radiator for this 05 impala. It appears that the lines just snap in. Well, I snapped them in and now I have a trans. fluid leak which appears to be coming from where it's supposed to snap in. I don't think I can tighten it up some more. I did that to the last rad. and I broke it. Maybe I need another radiator?
    .....bro....

ive had to put teflon tape on the threads or reuse the old fittings if the fit. Last one i just had to get another radiator because it wouldn't stop leaking

Comment

There's an oring in the fitting that may have been damaged, also make aure the fitting is screwed in tight to the radiator, I always check them because I've been burnt a couple times with loose fitting in new radiator and leaking

Comment

Damn! I didnt want to take it out again but I guess I will. I'll call the people I bought it from tomorrow and ask them what they think
        .....bro....

Comment

So I called the place that sold me the radiator and they told me that it should not be leaking from the fitting but it obviously is. They want me to had the shop that installed it give them a call to tell them exactly what is happening with the radiator. Problem is, I installed it. I wonder if that voids the warranty? This wasn't my first radiator and the install was simple so I couldn't have done anything wrong but that shit IS leaking. To pull a fitting out, do I just yank it out? I recall some bearings on/in the fittings that helped it snap in....
          .....bro....

Comment

Is that one of those stupid fkn GM with the little clips, gotta use a pick to remove but just snap back in? I had one on an olds(i think) that we had to get a repair kit from parts store to fix. We changed a radiator on it and the line just wouldn't seal off.

Comment

Yes....that would be the one
              .....bro....

Comment

Working...
              X