Parts List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts List

Well I think it is time that I start gathering parts for my 89 GT. I have seen numerous posts on many different forums, and had many discussions with people about the Ford 302.

I currently have the following mods:

GT40P Heads
    Explorer Intake
    Cold Air Kit
    75mm TB
    B Cam (So I Have Been Told)

I am going with a 'Economy' shortblock and putting all of the above back into it. However, I am thinking about switching the cam since I think the cam bearings are wore out on my car.

I am going to put a Vortech on the car and run between 9 -12 PSI. What cam would be a good match with the heads that I have? I will not be milling them down while they are off the car and the shortblock is about 9:1 compression ratio.

Here are the items that I will be getting in order to get the car freshened back up:

MOTOR MOUNT TO BLOCK BOLTS
    4 PIECE OIL PUMP BOLT KIT
    HEAD BOLT KIT
    OIL PUMP DRIVESHAFT
    INTAKE MANIFOLD BOLT SET
    OFF ROAD H-PIPE FOR LONG TUBE HEADERS
    BBK CHROME LONG TUBE HEADERS
    THROTTLE BODY GASKET KIT
    OIL PUMP PICKUP TUBE
    FUEL INJECTOR O-RING & PINTLE CAP KIT FOR EV1 BODY 19lb INJECTOR
    HEAD GASKET SET, M-6051-A302
    HYDRAULIC ROLLER LIFTERS, M-6500-R302
    HIGH VOLUME OIL PUMP,M-6600-D2
    HEADER GASKETS,M-9448-B302
    GT40/COBRA UPPER INTAKE GASKET, M-9486-A50
    MG-5835 86-95 MUSTANG 5.0L INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET SET
    HIGH ENERGY HARDENED PUSHRODS,5/16"x 6.25", SET OF 16
    PRO TIMING COVER & WATER PUMP GASKET SET
    WATER PUMP & TIMING COVER STUDS & BOLTS
    SPARK PLUG WIRE SET
    1-PIECE ENGINE OIL PAN GASKET
    302 ECONOMY SHORT BLOCK, ACCEPTS ROLLER CAM
    OIL PAN DRAIN PLUG GASKET

Is there anything else that I may need?

Thanks for all the help!

Roller Rockers
    MSD Ignition
    Tuning device like Moates Quarterhorse
    Binary Editor
    Boost Gauge
    FP Gauge
    Innovate LC1 Wideband
    255 Fuel Pump
    FMS 90MM LMAF Meter
    42# Injectors
    Valve Springs

I would go with the stock 5.0 HO cam camshaft. It has a smooth idle, easy to tune for people just getting started, offers good gas mileage, and has a wide LSA that is good for building boost quickly. If you must have the choppy idle then the F Cam is a proven cam when paired with a supercharger. It's easy to find used and fairly inexpensive. If I'm not mistaken it too has a boost friendly 114 LSA.

Comment

what the hell is this ?

did you copy that out of a magazine?

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
        what the hell is this ?

did you copy that out of a magazine?
        It is the description from Late Model Restoration

Comment

Originally posted by 89FivePointOh View Post
          It is the description from Late Model Restoration
          really? who pays $600 for a shortblock with cast pistons and tries to race it ?lol

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
            Roller Rockers
            MSD Ignition
            Tuning device like Moates Quarterhorse
            Binary Editor
            Boost Gauge
            FP Gauge
            Innovate LC1 Wideband
            255 Fuel Pump
            FMS 90MM LMAF Meter
            42# Injectors
            Valve Springs

I would go with the stock 5.0 HO cam camshaft. It has a smooth idle, easy to tune for people just getting started, offers good gas mileage, and has a wide LSA that is good for building boost quickly. If you must have the choppy idle then the F Cam is a proven cam when paired with a supercharger. It's easy to find used and fairly inexpensive. If I'm not mistaken it too has a boost friendly 114 LSA.
            I already have these items:

MSD Ignition
            MSD Distributor
            Boost Gauge
            FP Gauge
            255 Fuel Pump

Is there a reason why the following would be needed:

Valve Springs

I am new to all of this and want to make sure I have everything right before I get too far into it. The Injectors and MAF will be ordered when I get the blower!

Comment

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ng-Short-Block LMAO my bad it 699!!! whaT A ripoff!

Comment

i think the opening to that intake is only 70mm unless your going to hone it out.
                I think an anderson b21 or b25 would be good for that vortech.
                1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

I personally would not run a MAF meter calibrated to some injectors. Too much left at stake. For instance, if you change the filter configuration from the conditions in which the meter's flow numbers were created, then it's going to be off. I wouldn't even consider for 2 seconds putting 9+#'s of anything through a cast piston shortblock without an over safe(meaning rich)tune. Maybe if it were a 351, but not a 302. Valvesprings that are matched to the requirements of the camshaft.

Comment

Cast aluminum pistons and cast iron rings are recommended for naturally aspirated combinations only. Not recommended for superchargers, turbos, or nitrous. Always check piston-to-valve clearance when installing aftermarket performance heads or cams. lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
                      I personally would not run a MAF meter calibrated to some injectors. Too much left at stake. For instance, if you change the filter configuration from the conditions in which the meter's flow numbers were created, then it's going to be off. I wouldn't even consider for 2 seconds putting 9+#'s of anything through a cast piston shortblock without an over safe(meaning rich)tune. Maybe if it were a 351, but not a 302. Valvesprings that are matched to the requirements of the camshaft.
                      Thats why you create your own maf function on a dyno.

DERP

MAFs are not calibrated to injector sizes...lol
                      Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                        http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ng-Short-Block LMAO my bad it 699!!! whaT A ripoff!

Well money is not coming out of my backside. Do you know how much it would be to get forged pistons and put them in my block after it was bored
                        .030 over?

Any suggestions for a motor would be appreciated. As I have said before, this is the very first Foxbody that I have went this far with. Please provide as much information as you can!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 89FivePointOh View Post
                          Well money is not coming out of my backside. Do you know how much it would be to get forged pistons and put them in my block after it was bored
                          .030 over?

Any suggestions for a motor would be appreciated. As I have said before, this is the very first Foxbody that I have went this far with. Please provide as much information as you can!

Thanks!
                          you may want to click the ad in my sig.

Comment

I would get a built short block for what your doing. Do it right the first time. I've seen guys cut corners and its not a good look. Either way good luck with your build...
                            04 GT
                            91 LX

Comment

Can you pull, disassemble, reassemble top end, and put it back in? If so, new pistons will run you 375ish and I'm sure the labor will run less than 225 to just have it honed and the new pistons put in

Comment

Working...
                              X