No announcement yet.

1970 chevelle paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all seriousness to the OP...if this is really a 70' Chevelle, I'll give you the same advice I give everyone when it comes to making a decision about the MOST expensive part (paint & body) of building any car, and especially a musclecar that is higher up the food-chain on the desirable list....

Try to stay away from trendy styles or/or colors....two-tones, flame jobs, later model 1-off colors, etc. can and will hurt resale value and they will also become easily dated in a relatively short period of time. Stick close to original styling for stripes and color options...it's okay to change the tone of a color, for example using a brighter more late model red instead of original cranberry, more pewter as opposed to something like original autumn gold, or even a brighter silver in-place of cortez...etc, etc. Same goes for the stripes....stick to period correct SS stripes and don't paint them some crazy color like purple or yellow!

I've seen too many times where guys will get all hot on some crazy color that happens to be popular on a new model car around the time they are getting ready to paint, spend a ton of money painting their old car in that color, and then have hell trying to sell it or worse, finding in a few years that it looks dated and needs a new color.

Case in point....look at all those guys out there that painted their 1st-gen Camaros in that (then new) copper metallic color 5,6,7 years ago...and now that color is WAY done....every one I see now looks dated from that era...and its an era that doesn't represent the car it's on.

Current trends become easily dated, and they are going to represent an era...doesn't it make the most sense to make sure the car you are painting represents the era it actually came from? That's what makes original colors and styling timeless on these old cars.

There were actually quite a few colors available in the 70' year model, some of the more popular were....

Fathom Blue
    Astro Blue
    Cortez Silver
    Huggar Orange
    Tuxedo Black
    Black Cherry
    Fathom Green (some call it Forest green)

You'll find better information at www.teamchevelle.com too.....
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

its got a 427 engine in it with the orignal motor 396 ss i have it kinda a color thats gold and black strpies down the middle i was asking opoions for the color cuz i am stuck on some i either want blue or red just something nice firgure i would ask has leather seats
      so no idea with black interior

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
        I am....
        You painting it yourself?
        1997 viper gts
        1986 turbo mustang
        1987 Buick grand national
        1972 nova

Comment

How old are you?

Comment

Booby Blue.

Comment

I'm still not completely convinced that this ding bat is even old enough to drive. Based on most of her posts that I've read, I'm actually surprised that she's been smart enough to even post on here.

Of course, she's not smart enough to post pictures, of her tits, or otherwise, so that further proves what I'm thinking.

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                I'm still not completely convinced that this ding bat is even old enough to drive. Based on most of her posts that I've read, I'm actually surprised that she's been smart enough to even post on here.

Of course, she's not smart enough to post pictures, of her tits, or otherwise, so that further proves what I'm thinking.

-Aaron
                Aaron for president.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                  Aaron for president.
                  LOL, just callin' it like I see it.

Comment

whatever color it came from the factory even if its pea green

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Preus View Post
                      You painting it yourself?
                      Nah...I'm doing all the metal work under schooling from a good friend, but I'll be farming the paint out once we get to that point.
                      70' Chevelle RagTop
                      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Totally redesigned in 1965, the Impala set an all-time industry annual sales record of more than 1 million units in the U.S., which has never been bettered. All new full-size Chevys eschewed the "X" frame for a full-width perimeter frame, a new body which featured curved, frameless side glass (for pillarless models), sharper angled windshield with newly reshaped vent windows, and redesigned full-coil suspension.
                        1966 Impala SS Convertible

In 1965 Chevrolet introduced the Impala Caprice, exclusively as a four-door hardtop. Caprices received unique tufted upholstery, wood grained accents on the dashboard and specialty pulls on the insides of the doors. This "halo" model also featured the "spinner" wheel covers from the Impala SS, with the "SS" logo centers replaced by a Chevy "bowtie" emblem. The Super Sport's blackout rear trim strip below the triple taillights was also used, with the "Impala SS" emblem deleted of course. The Caprice Custom was reintroduced as the Chevrolet Caprice in 1966, taking the top position in the full-size Chevrolet lineup. Engine choices included the inline six-cylinder as well as the famous Chevy small-block and big-block V8s. Automatic buyers were given the option of the newly introduced three-range Turbo Hydra-Matic transmission for the newly introduced Mark IV big-block engine, displacing 396 cubic inches. The old 409-cubic-inch (6.7 L) "W" engine was discontinued early in the 1965 model year, so early-production '65s got the 409, as well as 1/10 of 1% had the 396 CID big-block. Moreover, other later-built cars had the 396-cubic-inch (6.5 L) as the big-block option with significant horsepower drawback. Two-range Powerglide, as well as Synchro-Mesh 3- and 4-speed manual transmissions were available. As with previous years, Impalas featured more chrome trim inside and out, with pleated tufted upholstery and door panels. The Impala would be the #2-selling convertible in the U.S. in 1966, with 38,000 sold; it was beaten by the Mustang by almost 2:1.[17]

The 1967 model was redesigned with enhanced Coke bottle styling. The curves were the most pronounced with the 1967–68 models. In keeping with federal regulations, safety features were built into Impalas during the 1967 and 1968 model years, including a fully collapsible energy-absorbing steering column, side marker lights, and shoulder belts for closed models.

Comment

eat shit spammer!

Comment

Working...
                          X