No announcement yet.

spark plug part #'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you running Nitrous on this engine? Otherwise I doubt you'll have a spark plug issue and may not need to justify new headers right now. That is a pain to have to pull the header to check the spark plugs though.

Get some heat shielding to slide on over the spark plug boots. O'Reilly's, Summitt or performance shops in the area should have some.

Marcus
    '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Originally posted by 2cammer97 View Post
      Are you running Nitrous on this engine? Otherwise I doubt you'll have a spark plug issue and may not need to justify new headers right now. That is a pain to have to pull the header to check the spark plugs though.

Get some heat shielding to slide on over the spark plug boots. O'Reilly's, Summitt or performance shops in the area should have some.

Marcus
      No Nitrous. I'll look into the heat shielding

Comment

Originally posted by 2cammer97 View Post

Marcus

If the header thing gets to be too big of a problem I do have an alternative solution in the works:

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
          No Nitrous. I'll look into the heat shielding
          A lot of guys have fun those heads and i'm sure had to use heat sheilding on the plug wire boots. Shouldn't be a big deal. And if you're just n/a then you shouldn't have to change the plugs for a long while, assuming your car is running optimally.

I think MAC and Ford Motorsport make P specific shorty headers. Might look for a used set online.

Marcus
          '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Working...
          X