Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About to buy Dart 351w based stroker, Which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to buy Dart 351w based stroker, Which one?

Thinking of buying a new DART stroker shortblock. Trying to decide the cubic inch to go with. It will be a nitrous motor, and somewhere around 12.0 to 1 compression. i have victor junior heads, but will probably be upgrading to a AFR 225 head. Im thinking more along the lines of a 418 to 427. Don't really think i want the stress of a huge bore 454-460 stroker. What do u guys think. I can only spend this money once!!

lol

My 351w burnt a ring or two, and i don't think i wanna go back with the same thing!

thanks

Why not a 363 from a 302 base?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
      probably because he already has a 351 in his car so it would be a straight swap
      2011 Mustang GT
      sigpic

Comment

Nothing smaller than a 4.125 bore x 4.10 stroke! You are going to need ever bit of a AFR 225 head or larger with a ported Super Vic.

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
          Nothing smaller than a 4.125 bore x 4.10 stroke! You are going to need ever bit of a AFR 225 head or larger with a ported Super Vic.

well, i don't want that crazy stroke slinging around in there. i have heard the smaller bore, smaller stroke, 418-434 c.i. hold up a little better under the stress and load

Comment

what happened to your motor? Did you hurt the pistons with a bad nitrous tune up?

Comment

Your motor didn't eat a ring or two, you're lack of tuning know how ate them on the nitrous lol

Comment

Give me a call at the shop tomorrow, we just finshed a 438 with 225 heads, 13.8 comp with a super Vic. Make good power,

Be happy to go over the combo with you

Clint Davis
                True Street MotorSports
                901 N McDonald St Suite 100
                McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
                Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                    Because he's not a pussy, that's why.
                    Get the fuck out of here.
                    68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                    63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                    i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Owning a 363 is far from being a pussy. Lol @ people that don't know jack shit!

Comment

Originally posted by JMAC View Post
                        Owning a 363 is far from being a pussy. Lol @ people that don't know jack shit!
                        lol, slow down.

Okay, go ahead and stick up for mike. It was a jab at him, and also knowing how Adam is, he doesn't want a 302 based motor, for obvious reasons, one of them having being previously mentioned that he has already spent money one 351w stuff.

Honestly, my best advice would be to talk to Clint about the combo he just mentioned since it is so similar. Why the hell would he want to go from a 351w based motor to a 302 based motor? Please tell me.
                        63 Fairlane

Comment

If he has all the 351 stuff then I understand. Here is one 8.2 deck sbf doing work.

Finally back on track after chasing our tail for a few months. Had a couple issues we had to get fixed, weak valve springs among other things. But I think we finally got her back on track. We should be out at various tracks around Texas having some fun this coming season Even though it still has only 1 kit on it and it's

Comment

Originally posted by JMAC View Post
                            If he has all the 351 stuff then I understand. Here is one 8.2 deck sbf doing work.

http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21597
                            Don't get me wrong, I'm not doing doubting the 8.2, I was just taking a jab at Mike that thinks he knows it all.

Also, if you know Adam, you know he'll never be happy with a 302 based motor.

BTW, if you want to get technical, my .060 351w in my Coupe is a 363. It is weak IMO, so why would a 302 based 363 motor be any better than my 351w based 363?
                            63 Fairlane

Comment

418 or 427, but with cleveland style head
                              1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Working...
                              X