Short in number 8 fuse (accessories) Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short in number 8 fuse (accessories) Help

I have a 92 coupe that has a ground in the number 8 fuse circuit. I was able to isolate and find the ground by disconnecting the negative from the battery and placing a test light between the negavtive post and negative cable. The tester lights up when connected. I started pulling fuses and second fuse I pulled shut off the test light. Previous to this I noticed that if I used my mirror remote it would cause the number 8 fuse to blow. I disconnected the mirror switch thinking that might be the problem and it wasn't. I've already disconnected the cigarette lighter so I know that is not the problem. I disconnected the radio and that didn't changing anything either. I'm not good with electical problems. What is the best way to find where the ground short is? I'm tired of my battery draining and I'm tired of pulling the fuse or disconnecting the battery as a work around. I may be interested in paying someone to fix it since I suck with electrical problems.

Check the motor in the mirror itself.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
      Check the motor in the mirror itself.
      Not sure I understand

Comment

Originally posted by mustvid View Post
        I have a 92 coupe that has a ground in the number 8 fuse circuit. I was able to isolate and find the ground by disconnecting the negative from the battery and placing a test light between the negavtive post and negative cable. The tester lights up when connected. I started pulling fuses and second fuse I pulled shut off the test light. Previous to this I noticed that if I used my mirror remote it would cause the number 8 fuse to blow. I disconnected the mirror switch thinking that might be the problem and it wasn't. I've already disconnected the cigarette lighter so I know that is not the problem. I disconnected the radio and that didn't changing anything either. I'm not good with electical problems. What is the best way to find where the ground short is? I'm tired of my battery draining and I'm tired of pulling the fuse or disconnecting the battery as a work around. I may be interested in paying someone to fix it since I suck with electrical problems.
        thats not a short. That is called a draw. A draw is something staying on causing a constant draw of current through the cicruit. You need to find out what is all on that circuit and repair.

Comment

Originally posted by G.. View Post
          thats not a short. That is called a draw. A draw is something staying on causing a constant draw of current through the cicruit. You need to find out what is all on that circuit and repair.
          I realize it is a draw and that I need to fix it. That's why i'm posting on here asking for some help. I've identified the ciruit but I'm unsure how to go about finding the problem. I was hoping a Ford or tech or someone with real electrical experience could give some advice how to procede.

Comment

get a wiring diagram of the circut in question, and chase down every leg of the circut. if it's blowing a fuse when you try to power the mirrors, sounds like a short to ground some where between the motor and the switch.

Comment

1. remove battery
              2. buy nice tool set w/ fuse remover
              3. buy a large sledge
              4. open the box
              5. smash away
              6. reconnect battery
              Originally posted by Buzzo
              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mustvid View Post
                I realize it is a draw and that I need to fix it. That's why i'm posting on here asking for some help. I've identified the ciruit but I'm unsure how to go about finding the problem. I was hoping a Ford or tech or someone with real electrical experience could give some advice how to procede.
                Obviously you havent identified anything. A draw is one thing. A short is something entirely diff. You got a answer. The only things on that circuit is courtesy lamp, warning chime , radio and power mirrors. Are you saying the second fuse you pulled was the number 8 fuse? If so does your dome light work and does the chime work when door is open or key left in igition or lights left on?

Comment

let me look in my crystal ball real quick like, for the answer you seek..... real quick like

Comment

Originally posted by JETFAST View Post
                    let me look in my crystal ball real quick like, for the answer you seek..... real quick like
                    Get back to building a damn motor or nitrous kit!

Comment

doing my thang right now playboy.

Comment

Originally posted by G.. View Post
                        Obviously you havent identified anything. A draw is one thing. A short is something entirely diff. You got a answer. The only things on that circuit is courtesy lamp, warning chime , radio and power mirrors. Are you saying the second fuse you pulled was the number 8 fuse? If so does your dome light work and does the chime work when door is open or key left in igition or lights left on?
                        Yes, it is the second fuse (8). Yes the dome light and chimes work.

Comment

Working...
                        X