No announcement yet.

issues after running n20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet Jet can tell the difference between billet and forged rods at a glance...

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
      From the description, it doesn't sound like a smoked piston.

To the OP, post pics of plugs please,

to MAJOROWNAGE, stfu, you've posted retarded useless shit in multiple threads. Amazing how you say doesn't sound hurt, very next post says plugs are fried.

As far as compression and leak down goes. A damaged ring land can cause leak down problems which will result in running problems, but the compression can be fine. See picture at bottom. From my personal car, smoked rings, blow by, broken pistons, scored cylinders, passed compression test, failed leak down on drivers bank. Don't talk shit on what you don't know.

To the OP again. If all you did was damage the plugs (i've seen whole electrodes blown off and motor still be fine) consider yourself really fortunate. Spend the money to have someone custom tune for the nitrous. Motor builds get expensive fast.

Mahle Forged 4.6 Dohc

Comment

This piston was only about 15 psi lower than the other three:

Stevo
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
          This piston was only about 15 psi lower than the other three:

Stevo

Still has enough surface area at the top to build pressure with, amazing something so damaged can still run, but it happens

Comment

more like majordumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
              Still has enough surface area at the top to build pressure with, amazing something so damaged can still run, but it happens
              I could feel it out of balance and missing while it ran, but when I pulled the head the piston looked fine from the top, as did the cylinder wall. When I dropped the pan though I found the kibble.

Stevo

Comment

Ok so he may or may not have a hurt engine. If it runs fine and makes good power, why take it apart?

15 psi is a big difference...
                Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                  Ok so he may or may not have a hurt engine. If it runs fine and makes good power, why take it apart?

15 psi is a big difference...
                  Never said take it apart, just check a few things to see if it's hurt. No since in continuing to drive\due damage if damage is already done. 15 psi is a small difference depending on compression psi. 10% variance is the standard range. a car with an average of 150 psi can go as low as 135 or high as 165 and still be considered ok. With newer engines running in the 180 psi and higher ranges 15 would be a small bit off. Generally speaking when I look for compression loss for running problems I'm looking for big steps. 30 psi, 60 psi and so forth. At those numbers they'll have a stumble or miss down low but usually run fine (according to customer) down the rode. The leak down test is a good diagnostic tool for piston and minor valve damage. Most people however won't spend the coin for a good tester.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                    Never said take it apart, just check a few things to see if it's hurt.
                    ^^^ Compression test and checking the plugs is what I suggested. Hey, more might be needed.

Better than a 250 shot and a rebuild.
                    Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Comment

hopefully you don't have any major damage, but like stated before, those little pieces of hard metal had to go somewhere. You can either gamble and throw plugs in and see how it runs or run the compression test again, record readings, and also a leak down test (this requires renting/borrowing/buying a leak down tester which is a specific tool) and record readings.

Comment

i put factory plugs back in it and its running fine. also put a boro scope in each cylinder and they all looked clean. ill change the oil tomorrow and checkto see if there is any fragments or anything out of the norm in the oil.

Comment

any porcelain missing from any of the plugs?

Comment

If the engine is good and you want to Dynotune it on the nitrous I can help you out.

That is some serious damage to those plugs though, I hope everything is still good.

Comment

Give us a call at the shop tomorrow. We should be able to squeeze you in for a tune no prob. It is definately the way to go especially in a power adder situation..

Comment

Working...
                                X