mass air flow conversion (E4od)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mass air flow conversion (E4od)

Anyone know where I can find a write up and parts list for a mass air flow conversion for my 92 f150 4x4 with a 351w E4od? I found one but they wanted 20 bucks for the yr to read it. Thx

98sohc281 w/an 03 motor swap with hitech stage 2 cams,jlt intake,c and l upper, longtube headers,o/r x-pipe with No cats dumped ,4:10 gears and a 3k stall w/a lil spray

There are several ways to do it, but none of them are cheap.

Find a used FMS Conversion kit. It comes with a computer, 90mm MAF meter, harness and 30# injectors. $1000+ dollars used.

Use a mustang computer A9L or something close, wiring, then use a Bauminator to control the trans. $750+

Find an OBDII equipped bronco or truck and do a complete wiring and ECM swap.

Your best bet is to contact Struckby over at NLOC and PM him in the Gen1 section. He has everything you need to do this the right way.

Comment

You can go pretty dang far with Speed Density. Guys running 10's with it. Why do you need to convert to Mass Air?

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
        There are several ways to do it, but none of them are cheap.

Find a used FMS Conversion kit. It comes with a computer, 90mm MAF meter, harness and 30# injectors. $1000+ dollars used.

Use a mustang computer A9L or something close, wiring, then use a Bauminator to control the trans. $750+

Find an OBDII equipped bronco or truck and do a complete wiring and ECM swap.

Your best bet is to contact Struckby over at NLOC and PM him in the Gen1 section. He has everything you need to do this the right way.

OK cool thanks

98sohc281 w/an 03 motor swap with hitech stage 2 cams,jlt intake,c and l upper, longtube headers,o/r x-pipe with No cats dumped ,4:10 gears and a 3k stall w/a lil spray

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
          You can go pretty dang far with Speed Density. Guys running 10's with it. Why do you need to convert to Mass Air?
          I have just always read that you couldn't go very far with speed density. I just want to add heads cam and maybe stroke my 351 later on. I just figured that a mass air flow conversion is the only way to get it done.

Comment

You can run any heads you want to run, any intake, and any header without needing a tune. You will need a tune for larger injectors, but the SD setup behaves best if kept to 24 or 30# injectors. I've run 42's in mine as well. You can run a camshaft but keep the duration under 220 on the intake side and the LSA MUST, MUST, be kept at 114ยบ or higher. You can even stroke it to 408 without MAF. If you have any other questions just PM me.

Comment

Working...
            X