No announcement yet.

What kind of winch's do you guys have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of winch's do you guys have?

I just finished my getting my trailer set up how I wanted it. My next thing is to get a winch to mount on it. I have been reading on them but I dont really know what I need. What sizes are good for what. I am sure I will use it for other cars but now that my car is done, my main reason is for pulling my car on it if I break.

I was thinking an 8000lb winch but I really dont know what I need, or which ones to stay away from. I know warn is really good but what do you like?

I've got the mile marker PE8000 on my trailer and it works great. Some of the review's I've read say it's a little slower than other's, but it suite's me just fine. If your not in a big hurry to buy and price is an important factor, then I would just shop around for a name brand and at least 8k lbs. I found mine new in the box on craigslist for $350.

Comment

one that makes sammiches and shuts the fuck up

Comment

I bought a used warn that's 30+ years old off of CL and it works fine. Just about anything will work with some stout cable and a decent battery. The cheaper ones will just be slow as shit.

Comment

I have a 8,000 lb Smittybuilt winch on my trailer. Works great.
          01 Platinum Edition F-250
          99 F-150
          89 LX Notch
          93 LX Hatch

Comment

I had the superwinch s4500 on my trailer.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Does the s4500 struggle with heavier cars or does it feel strong?

Comment

The heaviest I pulled up was a v10 excursion and it did that no problem but you could tell the difference in sound compared to a lighter car.
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

That's pretty awesome from a smaller winch. I'm going to run a winch plug to the back bumper off my two batteries on the f250 to have a better power source.
                  That should help me out a lot... I've been toting around a single red top that I keep charged.

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                  The heaviest I pulled up was a v10 excursion and it did that no problem but you could tell the difference in sound compared to a lighter car.

Comment

Working...
                  X