which of you mechanics want the work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which of you mechanics want the work?

My mom has 2003 monte carlo 3.4l that needs an engine swap. She is buying a motor from lkq and needs a shop to pull the motor and replace it with the new one. She is ready to do it now. Pm me if you want the work. Tia

Im about 3 weeks out but I can do it. 1k plus supplies

Comment

It's an 11 hour job and I'd replace the intake gasket while you are at it. There are plenty of shops around with $70-$80 an hour labor rates. I don't have a shop anymore, just giving you an idea of what it should cost.

Comment

14.6 according to AD for long block assm. Add in towing . And I havent seen a 70hr shop in along time. Most are 100+ unless your talking about Julio and Pancho's mechanico en geeneral

Comment

Hell our shop is at 60/hr, i keep telling that fool to go up on shop labor. I do side work for $50 hr, i'd do it if it wasn't 200 miles + away.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
            Hell our shop is at 60/hr, i keep telling that fool to go up on shop labor. I do side work for $50 hr, i'd do it if it wasn't 200 miles + away.
            Move closer and you can do my Explorer too!
            --carlos

sigpic

Comment

60/hour is fine if you have no taxes, no electricity and a dirt floor lol
              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

I havent seen a dealer under 100/hr
                in a while. Most shops around me are 85-115/hr. I normally charge 50-60 book hr for side work.

Comment

Originally posted by G.. View Post
                  I havent seen a dealer under 100/hr
                  in a while. Most shops around me are 85-115/hr. I normally charge 50-60 book hr for side work.
                  Yea really ive heard shops around here (Shreveport area) are 75-85/hr. No idea on stealerships. The fool i work for and i have talked about it a few times but nothing happens. Shop has two lifts in it, we mainly do eng/trans swaps. Its just me and him there and he don't do much at all. Kinda weird but lately ive made more on side jobs than at work.

Comment

Working...
                  X