Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Mustang Gt won't start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gufvW2VTRi0

It seems to have all the symptoms of a bad crankshaft position sensor, but when we replaced it there was no change. We are going to check the spark tomrrow but i'm just looking for any info or suggestions before we dig into it.

Thanks

Originally posted by Tko2v View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gufvW2VTRi0

It seems to have all the symptoms of a bad crankshaft position sensor, but when we replaced it there was no change. We are going to check the spark tomrrow but i'm just looking for any info or suggestions before we dig into it.

Thanks
    codes, spark, and fuel. check all those before posting. without that info it's damn near impossible for anyone to diagnose.

Comment

Is the theft light flashing?

Comment

Yea, the theft light is flashing. I know it's a stupid question, but Iq cannot seem to find out how to check for spark in my year GT. I know how to on a foxbody but I know it's different in the new edge.

Comment

Yea, the theft light is flashing. I know it's a stupid question, but Iq cannot seem to find out how to check for spark in my year GT. I know how to on a foxbody but I know it's different in the new edge.
          Flashing normally? Or very quickly?
          2012 GT500

Comment

normally

Comment

When i try to start it, it sounds like the battery is struggling, but its a new battery. When i tried to jump it, it would just constantly crank.

Comment

When i try to start it, it sounds like the battery is struggling, but its a new battery. When i tried to jump it, it would just constantly crank.
                That's completely normal after trying to crank it several times without being charged.

Did this just happen recently? Any other symptoms before it happened?

EDIT: To check for spark, pull a COP, unscrew the spark plug for that cylinder, put the spark plug back in the COP, ground the threads, and try to crank the car.

Comment

Does it catch a little if you give it some gas?
                  2012 GT500

Comment

Checked your fuel pressure yet?

Comment

It doesn't catch with gas. It happened about a week ago, we really thought it was the cp sensor but it didn't solve it but i'm going to check for spark now.

Comment

Have not checked fuel pressure yet.

Comment

Wow, There is a decent puddle of oil in the plug hole, it's a good inch of oil in there.

Comment

Wow, There is a decent puddle of oil in the plug hole, it's a good inch of oil in there.
                            sure it's not fuel?

Comment

I bet you've had a bit of miss in your idle for a while.

Sounds like it would be a good time to get acquainted with tuning up your new edge. Order valve cover gaskets as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X