Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 mustang gt the ac is coming out of the defroster instead of vents????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 mustang gt the ac is coming out of the defroster instead of vents????

Ok why is this happening!? Of course warranty just out in august. So has anyone had this problem and what to do? Greatly appreciate any help.

More than likely you have a vacuum line broken, cracked or has been pulled off.

Oh, and post tits of wife/gf/SO or GTFO !!! Newbie
    Vortex rear stand $75
    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
    11 4 door
    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

2006 mustang doesnt have vacuum mode doors. They have electronic mode door actuators. More than likely the actautor is bad. I have never put a control in one for that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystangman View Post
        2006 mustang doesnt have vacuum mode doors. They have electronic mode door actuators. More than likely the actautor is bad. I have never put a control in one for that issue.
        Oh ok. Well disregard my last transmission !
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Where could i find out about something like a controller? Or am i going to have to have ford tell me? I've looked on the net but just see responses for vacuum related models which it ain't. Crap!

Comment

Dont these cars have issues with the blade that switches between defrost and vents. I heard these doors break and you will need to replace them.

Comment

ugh don't like the sound of that... I suppose that means i'd have to tear into it i wonder or is it something that can be accessed from under the dash?

Comment

I personally have never seen any blend doors break in the evaporator case in that body style. I've done a/c at a ford dealer since 99. You need to check and see if the acuator turns when changing the vent position.

Comment

I had a mode door actuator break on my 08, mine had a clicking sound from under the dash at start up. If it is that, there are 3 under the dash, hope it isn't the middle one if you plan on doing it yourself.
                  De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Ok will check for that. . . Not to sound too dumb but what are they going to look like? Some days it works pretty decent and only a little air comes out then some days its 90%out of the defroster and 10%the vents. One of the only things i found somewhat relating to this is they said when you turn off the car make sure the control is in the defroster position and that should fix it. Of course it doesn't but kinda helps.

Comment

Working...
                    X