sumitomo 315/35/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sumitomo 315/35/17

I need new rear tires already and came across a set of 17x10.5 deep dish rears that I've been looking at for awhile. Tires are bald on them. Looking at tires, it's seems like I'm stuck getting drag radials or sumitomos.

Has anyone ran the sumitomo htr in this size? What kind of mileage do you get out of them? I dont really launch the car or drive it hard so not really concerned how they would hook at the track or similar. Just want something I can drive on everyday, not pay 250 apiece for, get decent miles out of, and not worry if rain will kill me.

Look at my wish list, might as just go ahead and replace the 245s...

I bought a pair of those for my '84 Tbird. The 140hp 302 and open rear was enough to absolutely devastate those - one at a time. I would not recommend those to anybody, they would be downright dangerous on anything with some power.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

We had them on some 11's, seem to drive ok, just don't expect to hook up very well in them. I couldn't tell you in mileage though.
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
        I need new rear tires already and came across a set of 17x10.5 deep dish rears that I've been looking at for awhile. Tires are bald on them. Looking at tires, it's seems like I'm stuck getting drag radials or sumitomos.

Has anyone ran the sumitomo htr in this size? What kind of mileage do you get out of them? I dont really launch the car or drive it hard so not really concerned how they would hook at the track or similar. Just want something I can drive on everyday, get decent miles out of, and not worry if rain will kill me.
        i have ran them on all my cars that had deep dish wheels on the back. they get a little less as far as range goes, but what do you expect for a tire that cheap? there are reviews on tirerack.com of people getting 20k +

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post

Has anyone ran the sumitomo htr in this size? What kind of mileage do you get out of them? I dont really launch the car or drive it hard so not really concerned how they would hook at the track or similar. Just want something I can drive on everyday, not pay 250 apiece for, get decent miles out of, and not worry if rain will kill me.

Look at my wish list, might as just go ahead and replace the 245s...
          I've had those tires, they sucked at everything including mileage.

Comment

I hated them. Driving in the rain was a chore. They spin like all hell.

Comment

Those came on the Torque Thrusts I bought. Couldn't hook 1st through 3rd on the street on my '00. Never drove on them in the rain.
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I just replaced my second set in 2 years. I got 24,616 miles exactly out of this last set in the exact size you are wanting. I drive my car a lotttttttt! Traction is so so, but it saves my clutch and tranny. I go out to K-Dale on occasion and I can cut 2.0-2.1 60' times with consistency. I do break them loose on the 1-2 shift but a quick release and back on the gas makes them hook right back up. For the price they cannot be beat period.

All you guys must have suuuuupa fast cars! Ha ha ha. I currently make about 350hp and they hooked pretty decent for me.

Comment

I had a set of 285/35/22 Sumis on my Explorer, and the sidewalls cracked in less than a year. And I'm talking about giant fault line looking cracks that I could stick the tip of my pinky in. When I mentioned it to the tire shop, they said they'd seen that a lot. I'll never buy another set.

Comment

I've had 3 sets of 315's through out the years and I'm switching to Nitto's. They hook up when there new but after a while there not what I needed.
                    04 GT
                    91 LX

Comment

Had a set of them didnt last long at all, went with Nitto 555 much better.

Comment

They suck. I had a pair of 315's on my 04 and they didn't last very long at all. This set of Nitto 555's that I'm just now needing to replace have lasted over twice as long.
                        68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                        63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                        i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

I am running the htrz iii on my car and for the price they are great. The side walls are a little soft but again for the price they are pretty nice!

Comment

I love all the comments about their quality with no one asking which HTR's they are. There are three different ones, some good and some awful.

Comment

HTRZ is the only 315/35/17 that I know about
                              04 GT
                              91 LX

Comment

Working...
                              X