SCT chips w/Bama tunes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCT chips w/Bama tunes?

Any experience here? I'm about to order one and wondered about what I should expect. I own a '95 with several mods (heads, intake, exhaust, TB, etc). I have a cam on the shelf and it's the real reason I'm ordering the chip, so someone can tune the damn thing.

no issues what so ever but you could use Andy.
    Andy is local.

Comment

Originally posted by "MrEd" View Post
      Andy is local.
      I'll use a local tuner once the cam is in. It comes with 3 tunes based on the info I plug into the order form. Once the cam is in, I'll need someone local to tune it. I just figured since the canned tunes were "free" with the chip, I'd give it a shot. Could you PM me info on Andy? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
        I'll use a local tuner once the cam is in. It comes with 3 tunes based on the info I plug into the order form. Once the cam is in, I'll need someone local to tune it. I just figured since the canned tunes were "free" with the chip, I'd give it a shot. Could you PM me info on Andy? Thanks.
        just pay once and be done, locally..

Comment

i had the sct eliminator chip from bama in my 95' cobra. when they sent it to me, the forgot to turn the EGR off like i had specified. so i had to take it back out and send it back. they got it right the second time, and i went from an 8.7 to 8.2 in the 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by "MrEd" View Post
            Andy is local.
            He is in my sig.
            2012 GT500

Comment

Give us a call at the shop on tuesday. I would not waste your time with a tune until you get all the mods done. That is when a tune will really help.

Comment

yep. no issues. bought a sct hand held through american muscle when they switched to bama as the primary tuner for their product line. lifetime tunes and hassle free tech support. when i swapped out my stock converter for the dirty dog, i just talk to tech support and they emailed me back all 3 of my original tune files with tweaked tq lock up/shift timing strategies for the higher stall and higher torque multiplication. no hassle and free. can't get much better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
                  i had the sct eliminator chip from bama in my 95' cobra. when they sent it to me, the forgot to turn the EGR off like i had specified. so i had to take it back out and send it back. they got it right the second time, and i went from an 8.7 to 8.2 in the 8th.
                  If you can remember, what were the mods on the Cobra?

Comment

Originally posted by 3.90x3.62 View Post
                    yep. no issues. bought a sct hand held through american muscle when they switched to bama as the primary tuner for their product line. lifetime tunes and hassle free tech support. when i swapped out my stock converter for the dirty dog, i just talk to tech support and they emailed me back all 3 of my original tune files with tweaked tq lock up/shift timing strategies for the higher stall and higher torque multiplication. no hassle and free. can't get much better than that.
                    pretty sure he can't use a handheld though. Any changes means he has to pull out and send back for a reburn

I'd wait to put the cam in and then just get the chip from whomever is tuning it. Some places may knock off some on the price of a tune if you buy the chip from them

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                      If you can remember, what were the mods on the Cobra?
                      long tubes, x-pipe, cat-back, c&l maf housing/ cold air, throttle body, msd ignition, 9mm wires, deleted smog and egr, manual rack, 3.73's, built rear, upper and lower lca's, springs, cc plates, battery relocated, aluminum drive shaft, nitto 315/17 dr's, and the bama chip.
                      Last edited by jnobles06; 11-13-2011, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
                        pretty sure he can't use a handheld though. Any changes means he has to pull out and send back for a reburn

I'd wait to put the cam in and then just get the chip from whomever is tuning it. Some places may knock off some on the price of a tune if you buy the chip from them
                        They have free tunes for life when you buy the chip from them. Maybe it's proprietary to Bama Tunes? I thought the tunes/chips could be re-written by anyone with a tuner. I figured if I needed a chip anyway that I might as well get the tunes for free based on what the mods are now, then have a local tuner re-write a tune when I put the cam in.
                        Last edited by Vertnut; 11-14-2011, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I would not use Bama. I bought the same package and as soon as I told them that it had a mild cam they wasn't able to send me any tunes. A waste of time and money. Call Travis over at Gearheads and get the tuner and tune from him and save you some time and disappointment.
                          1991 Mustang GT - 127,000 miles, original owner
                          1996 Mustang GT - 84,000 miles, all original but 3.90 gears
                          2012 BOSS Laguna Seca #493

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrGT5oh View Post
                            I would not use Bama. I bought the same package and as soon as I told them that it had a mild cam they wasn't able to send me any tunes. A waste of time and money. Call Travis over at Gearheads and get the tuner and tune from him and save you some time and disappointment.
                            Travis originally dyno'd the car several months ago to get a base-line for me. That's when he discovered the antique Autologic chip in it. I've contacted Gearheads since, and they seem really busy. No one has gotten back to me yet about the best way to do this.

Comment

Call Clint or Toby @ True Street Motorsports. I am sure they can hook you up!

Comment

Working...
                              X