Help Battery Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Battery Needed

I’m looking to get a new battery for the Mustang this weekend. I had not driven it in a while and the battery is dead. I remember this happening last winter so I need to just get a new one. Anyone got a hook up? I was checking prices and OMG they are insane….T.I.A
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

185 for an Optima doesn't seem so bad compared to 100 for a Dualast. Batteries have one thru the roof in the past 2 years.

Comment

Have you tried putting it on a trickle charger? Ther could just be a smail drain on power, and sitting so long killed it.

Comment

Modern cars can not sit at all without a maintainer like a Battery Tender Plus on them.
        If you park it for more than 3 days:
        1. connect a maintainer
        2. or disconnect the battery
        3. or prepare to buy a battery.

Hear me now and believe me later.

Comment

if the vert sits for more than 5 days it will be dead.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yeah it sat for like 10 days or so ....and last year I had the same problem but didnt get a new one because I dont drive it much.
            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

<SC34U red top $179
              <battery tender plus $55

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                <SC34U red top $179
                <battery tender plus $55
                Thanks EW!

I looked at some die hard's from sears they are asking $84.99 with exch.

Comment

Highly recommend a battery maintainer, I keep one on my buick, street bike, and my boat at all times.

Comment

My Yellow Top is going on it's 8th year. That thing is holding on like a champ!

Comment

FWIW. Optimas have a 3 year warranty compares to duralast 3 year free replacement, 8 year prorated.

That being said I got a 1 yr old optima for $35 because it was too old to sell new. Woot

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Diehard Platinum is the best deal hands down for a quality battery(same as Odyssey). I have had two yellow tops fail on me in the last year or so.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Just FYI I replaced my 2001 Diehard standard battery today in my Jeep. Still cranked ok but when it got cold the other night it dragged a hair. Platinum was 241 out the door.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

What is some good brand trickle chargers/maintainer?

Comment

I use the Battery Tender plus. 1.25A is enough to maintain most vehicles and it is intelligent so it does not overcharge the battery. Works with wet, gel, and AGM batteries. CTEK makes some good maintainers too.

Comment

Working...
                              X