Water in plug holes..again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in plug holes..again?

So I posted on the other site back in october about water getting in the plug channels on my 07 F150 4.6. took it to GV Ford and they said it was just water, I could have sworn it was coolant. Well, they charged me for a tune up and I was on my way. This morning I go to drive it and it starts shuttering again like before, I come back to the house and pull off a coil pack to find......fluid. So I taste it....coolant. There is obviously a leak somewhere in the engine causing this to seep into the plug channels, right? They did comp check last time and said it was fine? Any ideas? I am still under the 60k warranty and believe GV Ford should pay back the $525 I paid them last time and fix it right this time, am I correct? Pisses me off I will be w/out a vehicle for days now.

they probably didn't do shit they just wanted to get you out the door

Comment

they should refund your money. the tech that worked on it should have questioned why water was on the top of the intake and in around the spark plugs

Comment

Anti freeze is delicious!
        “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

Originally posted by mr tinfoil hat View Post
          Anti freeze is delicious!
          not near as tasty as good ole gasoline after siphoning a tank.

Comment

If it's on the passenger bank, the heater connection at the rear could be seeping, I used to see this a lot on the older 4.6's. On the drivers side it can pretty well only come from the front coolant ports.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
              they should refund your money. the tech that worked on it should have questioned why water was on the top of the intake and in around the spark plugs
              Ya good luck on that one.
              Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhatch View Post
                Ya good luck on that one.
                thats true for a dealer to peel off 500 to ya is like winning the lotto. I would make them fix the intake leak under warranty though. those plastic intakes have fail written all over the place

Comment

they will refund the money, it was their misdiagnosis the first time and I even told them then it was coolant. I have decided to raise hell in front of everyone there tomorrow if it's not taken care of. we have purchased 3 vehicles from them in 5 years, if they refuse to refund, there will not be a 4th and we planned on trading in both the car and truck in 2011. the coolant is on both sides but is not noticed unless you take out the coil packs so it's not a "top leak"

Comment

Found it. it's the intake/manifold gasket under the thermo housing, leaking and running down into the spark plug channels, it's very small but under pressure and heat I'm sure it leaks more. I can't beleive a Ford mech couldn't see that after having the truck 2 days. I really can't understand how he doesn't know the difference between water and coolant. He WILL get a lesson tomorrow on fluids: color, smell, taste and function will be on the test.

Comment

Good god $525 for some plugs? WTF

Comment

well they charged me for the tow also since it was "not a warranty issue" so new plugs, MAF clean, TB cleaning etc. I am waiting for the Svc manager to call me back now. they know I'm pissed and found the leak so I guess they're planning their escape before calling me back.

Comment

well I'll be damned, it's a cracked intake. Should have listened to me the first time I took it in.

Comment

Working...
                          X