Which Clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Clutch?

My birthday is coming up and it's time to replace my clutch. looking for it to handle 500+rwhp. What's the best choice?
    2012 GT500

Spec Stage 3, King Cobra ect. Alot depends on the pedal feel you want.
    2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
    Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
    Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
    Speedlogix Catch Can
    Resonator Delete

Comment

Tilton triple button clutch.
      Ded

Comment

Stock oem replacement. You can warranty it out

Comment

I loved my centerforce dual friction.

After a year I changed the disk out for a AZ valeo disk because I has the trans out and the CF wore down due to a stuck clutch cable.

So now I use CF pressure plate and valeo disk.. Doesn't skip a beat, even on redline launches with slicks.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Spec Stage 3 on up or Mcleod twin disc.
            '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
            '13 Dodge Cummins
            '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
              My birthday is coming up and it's time to replace my clutch. looking for it to handle 500+rwhp. What's the best choice?
              Don't worry about a clutch that can handle 500+ when your transmission can't. Stock valeo clutch is a good fuse in your situation and it's cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by 85turbocoupe View Post
                Don't worry about a clutch that can handle 500+ when your transmission can't. Stock valeo clutch is a good fuse in your situation and it's cheap.
                Ill probably have my tranny built in a couple months
                2012 GT500

Comment

Ill probably have my tranny built in a couple months
                  With a blower and new clutch, you might want to budget for a rear end and driveshaft too. Maybe you should have just bought a new car
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    With a blower and new clutch, you might want to budget for a rear end and driveshaft too. Maybe you should have just bought a new car
                    Rear end is built already. I'm only at about $8k spent on this one and I expect to be around $15k total with a built motor, tranny, and fuel. Shooting for 600rw with the next setup. What $15k car makes 600rw?
                    2012 GT500

Comment

What $15k car makes 600rw?
                      Great point! Since you took it to dollars spent, I've seen a whole lotta cars make WAY more with less money than that.

My buddy used to make about that with a turd '68 Chevelle and 406 SBC with a fogger. I bet he didn't have $2k in the whole car.

But that's not the point of this thread. Any top-tier aftermarket clutch will hold that, just pick one.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I had about 7k in my 600rwhp turbo car.
                        Ded

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          Great point! Since you took it to dollars spent, I've seen a whole lotta cars make WAY more with less money than that.

My buddy used to make about that with a turd '68 Chevelle and 406 SBC with a fogger. I bet he didn't have $2k in the whole car.

But that's not the point of this thread. Any top-tier aftermarket clutch will hold that, just pick one.
                          Interpreted his comment as- you should buy another car that is already built. I was just saying that I am not going to find a cobra any better than mine for what I have in it. Not to mention mine has a lot of the kinks worked out: Tank metal torque boxes, 31 spline rear, etc. Im just saying that buying a new car wouldn't help, especially if he meant a better/newer platform to build on.
                          2012 GT500

Comment

you want the clutch to be the weak link, not the trans, so i'd get a clutch that will slip some so put less stress on the trans. call promotion, and let them know your set-up/ plans for the car, and they will recommend the appropriate clutch.

Comment

Avoid the King Cobra, I had that in my fox and it chattered and was real catchy letting out the pedal.
                              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                              X