Question about '86 GT and wheel spacers on stock wheel studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about '86 GT and wheel spacers on stock wheel studs

Will a 5/16" wheel spacer work safely with stock wheel studs on an '86 GT?

I picked up some clean T-bird Turbocoupe 16" wheels with 225/50 tires for my '86 GT project. I've heard they have a slighly different offset than the factory 10 hole wheels. It seems some guys have no issue with them on foxbody's and some guys get very slight rubbing.

Thanks in advance.

Marcus
    '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Originally posted by 2cammer97 View Post
    Will a 5/16" wheel spacer work safely with stock wheel studs on an '86 GT?

I picked up some clean T-bird Turbocoupe 16" wheels with 225/50 tires for my '86 GT project. I've heard they have a slighly different offset than the factory 10 hole wheels. It seems some guys have no issue with them on foxbody's and some guys get very slight rubbing.

Thanks in advance.

Marcus
    seems to work fine here:

Comment

Follow the NHRA rule book. The stud has to go the diameter of itself into the nut to be safe.
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
        Follow the NHRA rule book. The stud has to go the diameter of itself into the nut to be safe.
        I plan to follow the correct steps to be safe. I just figured so many people out there have run various wheel spacers on foxbody Mustangs, whether for drag or street applications, that someone could give me a general answer. I'll do a search on the corral.

Marcus

Comment

I use a 5/16th spacer for my front runners. But they use shank bolts.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 2cammer97 View Post
            I'll do a search on the corral.
            bwahaha, this has such a "screw you guys, I'm going home!" vibe to it.

Check Maximum Motorsports. They have spacers and the info on safety.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
              bwahaha, this has such a "screw you guys, I'm going home!" vibe to it.

Check Maximum Motorsports. They have spacers and the info on safety.
              Would you expect any different attitude on here? I've been around long enough I guess I should have known to enter with low expectations.

From what i've gathered it seems 1/4" is probably the widest to use safely on stock studs.

Marcus

Comment

Working...
              X