2012 mustang exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 mustang exhaust?

About to buy a 12 5.0, curious on what kind of exhaust is everyone running. i want something reasonable priced. i would like to have a bullet style muffler through the tailpipes, with an offroad x, with no cats. An y suggestions, can the stock exhaust be modded, without having to buy some full exhaust sytem.

thanks

Let me know if you want to get rid of your stock exhaust. I have a Want Ad for it in the classifieds.

PS - everyone runs the GT500 exhaust and then moves around to the various other brands. I don't like many of them, but I have to say that this guy's Borla Touring exhaust sounds pretty dang good.

And this is what it sounded like when he had the Borla ATAK pipes on it.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

That guy is gay, lol! The ATAKS sound fucking awesome, but this is with the 3v and it sounds like he might have a blower.
      In any case how would a 5.0 with just the rear resonators and stock mufflers sound and what about the GT500 mufflers with no resonators sound.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

i dont know, just want the cheapest way out possible, and good sound. 2012 5.0 parts arn't cheap!

Comment

I was just at LRS website and they have video for all of their cat back exhuast and you're right, they are not cheap. The Corsa for 699.00 sounds the best but for the price the GT500 sounds real nice!
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Guy here at work has an auto 5.0 with the Borla S-type. Sounds fucking awesome IMO.

EDIT..

Comment

I've got some Corsas on Ebay ..... cheap now .... perfect condition, on car less than 1000 miles - sold car so these are in garage waiting for another 2011 on ... from my 2011 GT500 - never mind picture below
              sigpic
              08 Mustang GT - NOT Stock ..... HPP Flex fuel tunes - 537/515 RWHP/RWT

Click for Little Elm, Texas Forecast

Comment

that borla sounds great

Comment

Originally posted by badass88gt View Post
                  that borla sounds great
                  I had borla exhaust on my 03 cobra. It sounded good but it was fucking loud. I am still undecided on the exhaust for my 12 GT. Was debating magnaflow or borla. Its my daily driver so I dont want some obnoxious ass droning crap.
                  07 GT500
                  05 SRT10
                  88 turbocoupe T-bird
                  93 Cobra
                  86 coupe
                  Ducati 848

Comment

We were going to go with the borla set up on our 2012. Ended up just doing a muffler delete. Saved $800 on mufflers, as it only ended up costing me the pipe. The exhaust sounds great and is not too raspy, and it still has a smooth tone to it. Axle backs for these cars are horribly priced IMO
                    Detailing by Dylan
                    817-494-3396
                    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

I had o/r x and magnaflow axle backs on my 2011. Sounded great and the o/r x really woke it up.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Out of all the brands I have installed, the bassani by far sounds the best. No raspy bull shit, just a nice clean smooth sound!

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
                          We were going to go with the borla set up on our 2012. Ended up just doing a muffler delete. Saved $800 on mufflers, as it only ended up costing me the pipe. The exhaust sounds great and is not too raspy, and it still has a smooth tone to it. Axle backs for these cars are horribly priced IMO
                          i agree, where did u get the muffler delete, and how much was it?

Comment

thanks for all the help

Comment

I have the GT500 axle back and deleted the resonators. I love the sound. It's not annoying loud but sounds very throaty. When I first bought the car I had the resonators deleted and couldn't really tell a difference.
                              2012 5.0 M6
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X