No announcement yet.

Just got some nitto 555r's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im guessing the control arm bushings are bad since ive never replaced them since ive had the car for a year,i just finished driving it and even from a roll it still spins the tires at 28 psi like someone recommended. Most of my racing is going to be from a roll anyways since its an automatic.

Comment

I have 555r's on the back of my 86 and they always hook . I have good control arms and housing bushings but I also have a tfs headed 357 with a 2400 converter in the aod and 3.73's . I know I am making a bit more torque at the hit then yours so it should stick if everything else is right .
      Last edited by dumpycapri85; 10-27-2011, 01:44 PM.
      Big Rooster Racing

Comment

22psi daily. 15-17 track use

Comment

22psi on street, 15psi at the track. Anything more then 22psi on the street seems to result in uneven wear for me
          2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

Dumpycapri85: your right im managing to make it hook now on the street, im eager to see what it runs at the track this weekend.

22 is working great for me as well after a little bit of trial and error, thanks everyone

Comment

I've pulled 1.8 60ft running the regular 17-inch nitto 555 tires in a manual transmission car with both sway bars hooked up...

Comment

Originally posted by umbertorock04 View Post
                Dumpycapri85: your right im managing to make it hook now on the street, im eager to see what it runs at the track this weekend.

22 is working great for me as well after a little bit of trial and error, thanks everyone
                If they are brand new they also might have been a little greasy at first . As stated they take a little practice and you will need to heat them at the track .
                Big Rooster Racing

Comment

At the track, my old 275/50/15 nittos worked well at 12 psi. 1.57 sixty foot with a full weight 347 and AOD combo.
                  Like said, 20-22 on the street should be good too.
                  Carl S.
                  2014 Ruby Red Premium GT A6, stock for now
                  80 Coupe, Stroked 9.2" Windsor, Yates C3, Dominator, glide, 9.60s n/a, 1.27 sixty 5.48@127.8 nitrous on radials.
                  9.32@128 pedaling it half track
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X