Help needed, removing steering shaft, SN95, header issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed, removing steering shaft, SN95, header issue

I have the passenger side longtube removed, new vlave cover and header gasket, and a shorty header installed with locking bolts. I am working on trying to get the DRIVER side header off. The steering shaft is being run through two of the tubes, and the rag joint is too big to squeeze out.

Please help me with the procedures of removing the shaft, as I do not want to risk damaging anything. I am leaning towards just hitting the joint with a hammer and aluminum rod to pop off the lower half. I already have the lower bolt removed and it is moving around. Thanks,

Dylan
    Detailing by Dylan
    817-494-3396
    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
    I have the passenger side longtube removed, new vlave cover and header gasket, and a shorty header installed with locking bolts. I am working on trying to get the DRIVER side header off. The steering shaft is being run through two of the tubes, and the rag joint is too big to squeeze out.

Please help me with the procedures of removing the shaft, as I do not want to risk damaging anything. I am leaning towards just hitting the joint with a hammer and aluminum rod to pop off the lower half. I already have the lower bolt removed and it is moving around. Thanks,

Dylan
    There is a 10mm bolt under the dash. Take that out and the steering shaft slides right out.

Comment

Working...
    X