Mustangs with LSx swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustangs with LSx swaps

Give me a run-down on what you have and what times you run.

I'm getting ready to drop one in my 84GT and if this thing doesn't run mid 6's NA, I'm thinking its not worth the time. I had an old junkyard 351 running 6.8's....so the LSx better be able to one up it.

91 coupe ls2/t56 with a camshaft change 425rwhp and it has run 7.7's in the mid 90's. It's not setup for drag racing though. Street tires, manual transmission, sway bars, TA/PHB, ect....

Depends on the lsx motor and the rest of the car setup. I'm pretty sure a sub 2800lbs. car with a 500hp engine and the proper transmission/suspension setup should run mid 6's.

Comment

doesn't the guy with the orange and black car on here run 6.20's NA?

Comment

lq9 (6.0 out of escalade) with a cam, longtubes, th350, and a/c has gone 7.0, hope to click off a 6.9x next time out. then she is getting ripped apart for a borg warner s475.

Comment

Lot of trouble to run a chevy when any sbf will drop in
          Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
            Lot of trouble to run a chevy when any sbf will drop in
            Why is it more trouble?

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I figure if my cam only TA ran 7.1@95, the same setup in a car that is 300-400# lighter would equal mid-high 6's.

This is more of what I would expect if you did the swap. I'll see though.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Thumper View Post
                Thanks for the replies. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I figure if my cam only TA ran 7.1@95, the same setup in a car that is 300-400# lighter would equal mid-high 6's.

I would think a lsx street-strip fox body NA set up would run mid 6's. Anything less would be disappointing

Comment

thing to consider about that engine is that it is an lq4 (6.0l) with the ls6 heads (lower cc's, more compression) that have been cleaned up and a vic jr intake. i am just running an ls6 intake w/ stock 78mm t/b and stock 317 heads, i'd hope to see a 6.7 with that combo but instead i'll just stick a turbo on it.

Comment

and that car is running a 850 carb, the carb'd lsx motors pretty much always make more n/a power then the efi.

Comment

I have a 50k mile 6.2 for sale btw

Comment

Single digit cam only fox.

Single Digit Club - in the 9's with a cam only fox - stock lq4 truck bottom end,stock untouched ports and valves 799 gto heads milled .040,polluter cam kit from tick performance,victor jr intake,kooks 1 7/8 headers,stock out of the box 850 qft carb,msd 6010 box...in a 87 coupe with a glide ati 4500 converter,4.10...

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
                          i knew that was going to be billys car. lots of non-believers about that car (not saying it's not true, just saying there are many who doubt that car and he's never posted videos to back it up). i guess if the car is light enough with a glide and a brake it's possible though.

Comment

Give me a run-down on what you have and what times you run.

I'm getting ready to drop one in my 84GT and if this thing doesn't run mid 6's NA, I'm thinking its not worth the time. I had an old junkyard 351 running 6.8's....so the LSx better be able to one up it.
                            Why not just throw some nice heads and cam on the 351? Leave the LSx's in the junkyard for the guys with wore out novas, 2nd gen Camaros, etc. :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by VETTKLR View Post
                              Why not just throw some nice heads and cam on the 351? Leave the LSx's in the junkyard for the guys with wore out novas, 2nd gen Camaros, etc. :mrgreen:
                              I already did that, it ran 6.8's NA with a stick. I actually built it to have fun with the Lsx cars, but for some reason, I could never get a race I ended up selling the motor and I have this ls1 sitting around....so I figured why not.

I've got a good idea about what it should run, just wanted to see what others were doing. Like anything else, you can tell who has done their homework and who has just thrown it together.

Comment

Working...
                              X