Vortech Build thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vortech Build thread.

Install is almost done! thanks to Bluecouperedvert's genius engineering skills. We have had a heck of a time with this thing to say the least. First of all, my aftermarket radiator is much wider than stock, so we had to grind and cut just about everything we could to make the vortech intake pipe fit. There is also nowhere to even fit a finger through. everything literally touches everything. The the intake pipe sits on the radiator hose which sits on the bypass valve hose which sits on the high pressure switch/ac line which sits on the abs pump lol. There is absolutely no room to work. We've got it mostly setup now. Just deciding wether to leave the trex pump off or install it and doing some oil feed. As of now I'm in the project about $2k with the only expense left being the tune. I also have some various stuff to sell that I don't need so I'm thinking total will be $2400 which is pretty good Imo, as most kits like mine would be around $2500 without the tune.

setup:
    V-2 Sq-trim w/3.6 pulley
    39# Injectors
    90mm Maf
    Walbro 255 pump

Last edited by Cobraman; 10-23-2011, 03:38 PM.
    2012 GT500

looks slow..

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      looks slow..
      ..because it is.
      2012 GT500

Comment

Trim?

Also, how are you sealing your imrcs?

Or did you just leave them in?
        Last edited by majorownage; 10-23-2011, 02:36 PM.
        Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
          Trim?

v2 sq trim. Imrc's are staying for now, as I'm at the end of my budget.
          2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
            Trim?

We just left them in. It's an s trim.
            Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
            90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

looks good man. it'll be fun to drive!

Comment

Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
                looks good man. it'll be fun to drive!
                Thanks man! Im sure hoping its a big difference!
                2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                  Thanks man! Im sure hoping its a big difference!
                  going to be at the cruise? it is but you'll get used to it and want more.

Comment

v2 sq trim. Imrc's are staying for now, as I'm at the end of my budget.
                    Its probably a good idea anyways. The typical JB weld wont hold up to boost. Thats why I'm gonna find some aluminum imrcs and just tig weld the holes shut.
                    Full time ninja editor.

Comment

going to be at the cruise? it is but you'll get used to it and want more.
                      Haha. I know, but I'm far from being able to get the cash needed to go any farther for this thing until after college or so. I've decided to buy a daily driver next summer so I can beat on this thing a bit more.

As for the cruise, It's possible I might make it out to watch. I'm not ready to break this thing yet. I'm going to try to go as easy as possible on it. It has a stock t-45 with 120k on it along with a clutch that is pretty old I imagine.
                      2012 GT500

Comment

Haha. I know, but I'm far from being able to get the cash needed to go any farther for this thing until after college or so. I've decided to buy a daily driver next summer so I can beat on this thing a bit more.

As for the cruise, It's possible I might make it out to watch. I'm not ready to break this thing yet. I'm going to try to go as easy as possible on it. It has a stock t-45 with 120k on it along with a clutch that is pretty old I imagine.

damn it. you just changed your sig. i was going to tell you if you come out to bring the gt vortech pipe you had for sale. lol.

Comment

@#!*% it. you just changed your sig. i was going to tell you if you come out to bring the gt vortech pipe you had for sale. lol.
                          WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK FOR IT EARLIER!!??!!! lololol.

Bluecouperedredvert was like " As soon as we cut this up, someone will want to buy it."
                          2012 GT500

Comment

WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK FOR IT EARLIER!!??!!! lololol.

Bluecouperedredvert was like " As soon as we cut this up, someone will want to buy it."
                            i saw it a few days ago, but was debating weather i wanted it or not, and i totally forgot about it until i saw your sig again today.

Comment

i saw it a few days ago, but was debating weather i wanted it or not, and i totally forgot about it until i saw your sig again today.
                              haha. dang it.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                              X