Mach 1 and Boosted Modulars in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mach 1 and Boosted Modulars in here

I have decided that now that i have my heads fresh out of the machine shop and a stock WAP naked block sitting in my car that i will go ahead and build it. Are these blocks ok to keep around 700-800 horses or should i invest in a Teksid? Also what setups do you guys have for rods and piston combos? It is a 5 speed mach engine so it does already have a forged crank and i recently acquired a ported eaton and all the necessary swap components. Further down the line I will definitely upgrade that and was just needing input on the actual short block combos out there.

Thanks for the help (slight ww pic below)

WAPs are fine

make SURE your machine shop uses a torque plates when they overbore. If you are using arp main studs, you will have to get an align hone as well.

Manley, diamond, JE all make great pistons for a mod. Keep the compression high, no matter what kind of boost you are doing.

Find some used cobra rods if you are cheap.
    Full time ninja editor.

Comment

not trying to keep it cheap, somewhat decent but not too extreme, anyone ever deal with MMR products? Or any machine shop recommendations?

Comment

I have JE forged pistons (9:1), Manley Rods and the stock 4v forged crank. The B heads were ported and polished (intake side) and I'm using the FRPP 4v racing cams set. On the heads Im using ARP studs and the factory gasket set. No problems since my build on 14 to 16 psi of boost on a KB and all availble bolt-ons...
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
          not trying to keep it cheap, somewhat decent but not too extreme, anyone ever deal with MMR products? Or any machine shop recommendations?
          If you do not want to deal with building your motor, talk to Gearheads or HPP. Both are excellent mod builders.
          Full time ninja editor.

Comment

WAP block is fine. I'm running a stock crank, Mod Max H-beam rods, and Diamond 5.2cc dished pistons .020 over bore to keep the compression up around 10:1 or so. ARP Mains and Head studs. I'm finishing up a new turbo kit I'm building for it with a Garrett GT4276.
            03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
            "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

Originally posted by Dan03mach View Post
              WAP block is fine. I'm running a stock crank, Mod Max H-beam rods, and Diamond 5.2cc dished pistons .020 over bore to keep the compression up around 10:1 or so. ARP Mains and Head studs. I'm finishing up a new turbo kit I'm building for it with a Garrett GT4276.
              This guy knows where its at!
              Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Working...
              X