96 4.6 F150 Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 4.6 F150 Motor

What can I expect to spend on a low mileage motor for this truck? Or can I even find one with low miles?
    Photobucket

96 f150's only came with 4.9, 5.0, and 5.8's. If you mean a 97' you can try LKQ.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystangman View Post
      96 f150's only came with 4.9, 5.0, and 5.8's. If you mean a 97' you can try LKQ.
      My bad. Its a 97.
      Photobucket

Comment

i got an 05 f150 4.6 with 80k miles from a salvage yard on ebay for 1100 shipped. they have some with less miles but they cost more.

Comment

if your willing to do some swapping you can put a romeo grand marquis engine in there for about $650, all that needs to be swapped is the intake and oil pan. If you need direct fit for a romeo or windsor (both options that year) you're going to be looking in the 1100-1200 range...

also, now would be a great time for a 5.4l swap since they run in the same 11-1200 range complete.

Comment

Originally posted by butt86 View Post
            if your willing to do some swapping you can put a romeo grand marquis engine in there for about $650, all that needs to be swapped is the intake and oil pan. If you need direct fit for a romeo or windsor (both options that year) you're going to be looking in the 1100-1200 range...

also, now would be a great time for a 5.4l swap since they run in the same 11-1200 range complete.
            i almost swapped to a 5.4 in the mustang but i wanted to make it to the cruise so i just stuck with the 4.6. i really didn't want to have to find a much of odds and ends to get it to work. its probably easier in a truck though. i was even going to do the the 3v......... damn i still want to do it. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by butt86 View Post

Other than a 6 or 8 bolt, is there a easier way to tell which I have now?
              Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                Other than a 6 or 8 bolt, is there a easier way to tell which I have now?
                the number of valve cover bolts on the drivers side. romeo has 11 windsor has 13.

Comment

Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
                  the number of valve cover bolts on the drivers side. romeo has 11 windsor has 13.
                  Nice. TY
                  Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                  X