Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 yukon question

Prolly a lame easy question but I gatta ask it

My daily is an 07 Yukon XL and I'm need a brake job. I have not done one in years and never on this vehicle and wondered if there was something I need to know other than the obvious stuff

Also looking at the rotors they are kinda grooved and can tell they are original so I'm going to replace them Any suggestions? Thought about going with ceramic pads and drilled rotors. good brands? bad brands?

thanks for the input

the only thing i can think of is if the still used the allen head bolts on that year model you would need the correct tool.
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Easy job, no problem.

Comment

Is there any real benefit to ceramic pads or drilled and cut rotors for a daily driver? I'm not racing it and not towing enough to speak of.

Comment

Not really. Just more brake dust with drilled and slotted rotors
          07 f250-family truckster
          08 Denali -baby hauler
          52 f1-rust bucket
          05 Jeep tj. Buggy
          livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog896 View Post
            Is there any real benefit to ceramic pads or drilled and cut rotors for a daily driver? I'm not racing it and not towing enough to speak of.
            Cross drilled promote better cooling, but takes away from the mass of the caliper. I would not use them on a heavy vehicle like yours. Ceramics vs Semi metalic pads, they both work fine. Most new vehicles only come in Ceramics now days. I know on my Jap truck, I could only find them in Ceramics. For the cost, I would rather have semi's

Comment

Working...
            X