sell or keep building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sell or keep building

ok, been workin on mustangs awhile....but lately my current build has been on the back burner....over the last year.....im at the point were im starting to lose interest. my question should i part and sell or keep going.

87 coupe
    5.0 motor (gt40. e cam, cobra intake)
    3550 trans
    all the bolt ons.
    5 lug
    black w/ lip bulliets
    mid way on a black interrior conversion

......really really want this thing finsihed but i just dont have the time

but still needs many hours to put it together.....

anyone in the same boat that thinks they will never finish.
    Your local VW parts Master.....need a part?

If you don't the time to finish, how will you have time to enjoy it? If it's a hassle now, I'd sell it. I can always see the finishline on my projects, but I never get the least bit enthusiastic about it, until the end. I'd keep going.

Comment

Keep going, I've been trying to build mine for 2 years and now starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

If part how much for trans

Comment

i finished putting motor together last week....its on the stand ready to go back in....
        the interior still needs some work...wont be able to buy anything for it til jan since christmas is coming.

if there is light at the end of the tunnel.....its gotta be a lite candle a few miles down the road.

Comment

I am in the same boat, but long gone are the thoughts of selling. I would lose way too much money and I am only building it for myself anyways. I will enjoy it eventually again, and I am fine with being patient for that.

Comment

I found motivation in going to car shows and drooling over other people's perseverance.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
              I am in the same boat, but long gone are the thoughts of selling. I would lose way too much money and I am only building it for myself anyways. I will enjoy it eventually again, and I am fine with being patient for that.
              x2.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                Same here. Mine has been down since 04. But it will run one of these days. I have had the motor since 06 built and ready to go.

Comment

Every time I sell a car I intended to fix up, I regret it and get another. Food for thought.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

can you get your money out of it unfinished that you put into it? how many hours do you have into the project?

food for thought, the last car i worked on i did an engine swap for a guy, pretty rare swap and its an ongoing project - it will never be complete...but its his hobby so it is completely justified

Comment

haha....car has been in my backyard since nov. havin touch it since. motor has been in the garage its done ready to fire off. trans is sitting next it.

anyone ever have the the rear wheels lock up on there stang....after it sat for awhile it wont roll foward anymore....rear wheels are locked....e brake is off...wondering whats up with it.

Comment

also it seems that while working on this thing i gotta do everything that i can at one time.....thus why interior and drivetrain are pulled out at the same time.....

Comment

FOX COUPES RULE. Finish it even if it takes a lot more time. The Coupes are just getting more valuable. Think of it as a "Non Taxable" savings account. I don't think you will ever go wrong finishing and keeping a Fox coupe. The nice ones are getting harder to find, and when they are nice they turn heads from even people that are not car people. There is a "Mystique" about a Foxbody Notchback, especially if it is black.

Comment

the 5.0 is white....my 93 coupe is black, lol. but the 93 is a DD beater....needs some tlc

Comment

I'll give you tree fiddy for it!

You can email me at DanBishop@GE.com

Comment

Working...
                              X