Holley Carb electric choke problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holley Carb electric choke problem

I have a holley street avenger 670 with an electric choke that's screwing up. it's hanging up on the fast idle when you press the throttle. The end result is that it's kicking the rpms up, and running like shit.

It will hang up on the high idle cam, but if you manually kick it down (with you finger), it will ratchet down, as you press it down, until it gets to the idle setting... until you blip the throttle again, then it kicks back up.

What's the fix?
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Spoke w/ the Holley tech line, and they suggested that I might have either a bad cap, or I no longer have 12 volts going to the cap, or a bad ground.

Guess I'll be trouble shooting that.
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

sounds like holley covered the basics.

Comment

That is how a choke is supposed to work. When it's cold It's going to engage the fast idle when you excite the choke and squirt the motor. as it reaches temp you blip the throttle and it comes off the fast idle.

Comment

The power wire to the choke had somehow disconnected @ the power source, and it was in a hard to see spot, not to mention I wasn't exactly looking for it as the cause.

I just didn't realize what was going on.

Comment

Working...
          X