Convertible top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertible top?

My next door neighbor's 2003 White V6 Mustang convertible w/ black top needs a new top. The car does have a glass back window with defrost.

What are the best places to purchase a new top? I assume there is more than one manufacturer of the replacement top. Which is the best top?

Is this something that the slightly above average home mechanic can install in the driveway? I remember reading in Canada of a couple of people on here who have done so.

Where is the best place for installation of the new top?

If this turns into a driveway project, what are the things to be on the lookout for?

Thanks for your input.

Having done one on my old '92, I would never undertake the project again. It's not painfully hard, but there are several tricks to it that make it a giant PITA if you haven't done several and had time to learn them. This is one job I'll gladly leave to the pros.

BTW, I used a kit from LMR, don't recall the brand that was shipped, but it was good quality.

Comment

I did my 93. But the newer tops look more complicated.
      Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
      90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

PM Whiteboy. He referred me to a guy that he has used in the past and he did a good job. I bought all the parts and he did the install.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
          PM Whiteboy. He referred me to a guy that he has used in the past and he did a good job. I bought all the parts and he did the install.

Thanks! I was hoping he would jump in here.

Approximate cost?

Comment

Canada aye ?!?
            Awwwwww skeet skeet skeet
            03gt intech POWA!

Comment

Honestly I don't remember. I had him do some extra stuff at the same time. I ended up saving a couple hundred if I recall.

Comment

if you do it yourself...... you will need a warm day (sunshine) or a steamer to stretch it, a super bad ass staple gun and a little patience. It is a bitch to do but well worth the money you will save in labor.

Comment

$400 i belive. I would never do one myself

Comment

Working...
                  X