Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get March or trick flow ac delete kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get March or trick flow ac delete kit.

I need one locally, I have the plate but no hardware.

Anyone have one?

I looked on DM but they don't carry it, wtf.

I'd like to have it for tomorrow night.. Kind of in a crunch. Lost my hardware when I moved.

Anyone have bolt and spacer specs? I'll just make something if so.

Thanks in advance!

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Ok, I got it on and used an even shorter belt. (one I had on my 89 when using the same set up).

Well the belt was squeaking and the battery wasnt charging.

Well then I remembered this alt has a smaller pulley on it, so I'm going to try a smaller belt tomorrow.

If that doesnt work I had another set up I threw together using 2 tensioners. 1 in the factory location and the other in the new re-located spot. This way I got more belt contact surface on the alt pulley but couldn't start the car because I didn't have a belt the correct size.

The question I have, if I were to use two tensioners, besides being a PITA to install the belt, would having two tensioners put to much strain on the belt? Something tells me it will be just fine, but thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm going to try and get the "correct" one tensioner set up to work tomorrow.

Any ideas or suggestions greatly aprieciatated.

Comment

Holy fucking shit, this is some rocket science we got in here. You don't need any of this crap

Loosen the bolt on your tensioner so it dangles like your useless pecker. Get a roughly 45" belt and go from the underdrive crank, over the top of the tensioner pulley, to the alternator and back to the crank. You'll have to put the tensioner back on its bracket with a pry bar and tighten the bolt down. The backside of the belt will only touch the water pump pulley on its way to the tensioner which is what you want because it is going to slip a little when you flog the shit out of it.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

The number of tensioners isn't going to change the speed of the pulley.

Pulley related charging problems come from having a larger pulley that slows the alternator down, reducing the output. With a smaller pulley, the alternator should spin faster. This won't necessarily increase output over a stock pulley provided the voltage regulator is functioning correctly.

Comment

Btw, I got a 3" race crank pulley you can have if you want to take the panties off. You'll need an even smaller alt pulley to offset it though unless you have a stout alternator. I used it for years with the stock alt pulley on a 90 GT that did 268 to the wheels with long tubes, off road H, 1.7 roller rockers, 65mm TB and 77mm mass air. Just depends on how good your alt is.

You can't run the belt arrangement I mentioned above with this pulley though because the belt won't reach the water pump. You need an electric water pump.
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            Holy fucking shit, this is some rocket science we got in here. You don't need any of this crap

Loosen the bolt on your tensioner so it dangles like your useless pecker. Get a roughly 45" belt and go from the underdrive crank, over the top of the tensioner pulley, to the alternator and back to the crank. You'll have to put the tensioner back on its bracket with a pry bar and tighten the bolt down. The backside of the belt will only touch the water pump pulley on its way to the tensioner which is what you want because it is going to slip a little when you flog the shit out of it.
            Dude badass, thanks!

Now that I think of it, my first fox. 88 gt was like this.

Comment

get ready for annoying slip aleast mine did and it drove me crazy so i put power steering on it. lol

Comment

Works great. Thanks al p

42 inch belt by the way.

No belt squeak or anything.
                Last edited by 91CoupeMike; 10-14-2011, 11:30 PM.

Comment

No problem, good luck man. Also, just FYI, belt length can differ a lot with different pulley sizes. If you have problems with not finding the right belt length in that routing you can also use a 4 rib or 5 rib belt if you have to. We used to run them all the time.

Comment

Working...
                  X