Jared, jenny Craig, slimfast, Martha Stewart in here: car dieting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jared, jenny Craig, slimfast, Martha Stewart in here: car dieting

So my coupe is a fat ass 2880 with a little under 1/8th tank. And that's about 200lbs over weight.

Here's a list of stuff I have currently taken out.

Front sway bar
    Passengers seat
    Rear seat
    Trunk sound deadener
    Wiper blade arms
    Smog pump
    Power steering pump
    Upper dash speakers
    Clutch fan, but swapped for e fans. Maybe -1-3 lbs

Here's what I Want to take out

Front and rear crash bars, what do they weigh?
    Tubular k member and a arms, what would that save me?
    Draglites, what's the weight difference in those and ponys?
    Door bars, Worth the effort? Lbs?
    Rear end dampener. 10lbs?

What else can I get rid of?

What is a reasonable dry weight for a not gutted but lean coupe? 2600? 2700?

Stock was 3080, I've already lost 200

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Mike I know you only weigh 120 pounds but you should lose 20-30 pounds.. its worth it.
    Big Rooster Racing
    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
      Mike I know you only weigh 120 pounds but you should lose 20-30 pounds.. its worth it.
      Fool I weigh 185.

Im a lard ass. Lol

I got a hair cut today, and was thinking of racing butt ass naked to spare a few lbs..

All jokes aside, I'm could prob spare to loose some weight. But then I'd look like 80coupe and no one would take me seriously.

Comment

dang... you weigh more than I do..... and yes clint is super skinny.
        Big Rooster Racing
        1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Maybe I should tape all my seems to make it more areodynamic? Lol

Yeah man, I always get the weird look when I tell people what I weigh.

Comment

remove bumper supports and weld a pipe in there instead

i guess you listed that....

my sn95 one easily weighed over 60 lbs (together)
            Last edited by majorownage; 10-13-2011, 06:31 AM.
            Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
              remove bumper supports and weld a pipe in there instead

i guess you listed that....

my sn95 one easily weighed over 60 lbs (together)
              The fox bumpers aren't that heavy, maybe 12-20 each?

The door crash bars are well worth the effort - but depends on what you value your time at. Those bars are something like 33# each. Bigshoe just did his. I'll say this, be prepared to spend a day doing it and be very careful or you'll make the doorskin wavy (the bars are glued to the outer part of the door)

Don't forget to pull up the carpet and remove ALL of the tar paper with a heat gun (if you haven't mentioned it) it's worth 20-30lbs.

Tubular front suspension will be the biggest bang along with some sort of drag-race wheel.

Comment

bumpers, crashbars? you still drive this thing on the street? id hate for you to get killed going to work to pick up .01

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                  The fox bumpers aren't that heavy, maybe 12-20 each?

The door crash bars are well worth the effort - but depends on what you value your time at. Those bars are something like 33# each. Bigshoe just did his. I'll say this, be prepared to spend a day doing it and be very careful or you'll make the doorskin wavy (the bars are glued to the outer part of the door)

Don't forget to pull up the carpet and remove ALL of the tar paper with a heat gun (if you haven't mentioned it) it's worth 20-30lbs.

Tubular front suspension will be the biggest bang along with some sort of drag-race wheel.
                  This, we pulled lots of the sound deadener out of our racecar, and along with with a hole saw, we dropped an esy 100lbs out of our coupe.

Of course, ours is noy a street car, and never will be. The front rebar is fiberglass, not that heavy. A/c evap is pretty heavy. We cut out the rear paxkage tray, and rear seat reinforcement.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    bumpers, crashbars? you still drive this thing on the street? id hate for you to get killed going to work to pick up .01

god bless.
                    You have a point there.

I'll most likely leave the door bars in until I get another daily.

But damn 60lbs..

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                      This, we pulled lots of the sound deadener out of our racecar, and along with with a hole saw, we dropped an esy 100lbs out of our coupe.

Of course, ours is noy a street car, and never will be. The front rebar is fiberglass, not that heavy. A/c evap is pretty heavy. We cut out the rear paxkage tray, and rear seat reinforcement.
                      Rear package tray?

Doesn't the seat brace strengthen the chassis? Ive seen them taken out and people putting a cross brace there for stiffness.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                        You have a point there.

I'll most likely leave the door bars in until I get another daily.

But damn 60lbs..
                        You can take the bumpers out and put some chromoly ones in place of them - That's well worth the effort and still removes 30lbs+. You have to have something in place of the front one though - the bumper cover caves in pretty easily at speed.. (maybe not your speed, but you get the idea)

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                          You can take the bumpers out and put some chromoly ones in place of them - That's well worth the effort and still removes 30lbs+. You have to have something in place of the front one though - the bumper cover caves in pretty easily at speed.. (maybe not your speed, but you get the idea)
                          About How much would it cost to have someone make some chromoly bars with brackets? Like what would be reasonable?

I've seen the front and rear bumper sag on foxs.. Would like to prevent that at all costs.

Comment

Why don't you let Juan(SUX2BU) have a couple hours with his hole saw andyour car. I bet you drop an extra 100 lbs from your goal weight lol

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
                              Why don't you let Juan(SUX2BU) have a couple hours with his hole saw andyour car. I bet you drop an extra 100 lbs from your goal weight lol
                              I'm not into cheese holing it yet...

Comment

Working...
                              X