Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size intercooler fits behind LX front bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone put a belt on your turbo...
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

The one that's 32" OAL x 4" core will fit providing the condensor isn't in the way. IF it sticks out any furhter than the core support, it's that much more you have to cut out of the bumper cover.

You can fit 4" tubing behind the bumper cover with minimal trimming... done it a million times.

Comment

I'll have to relocate my trans cooler, I assume putting it in front of the intercooler? Also, how much gap should there be between the intercooler and condenser?

Comment

Any airgap is good. The trans cooler is gonna be fun, you'll just have to be creative. Mine mounts above the intercooler at an angle (angled back towards the hood hinge). It sits right behind the grille opening.

Comment

You can get a dedicated fan for the trans cooler and mount it in a remote location.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
              You can get a dedicated fan for the trans cooler and mount it in a remote location.
              might not be a bad idea, but where to put it that it'll get good airflow across it with the lx bumper will be fun.

Comment

I've seen where guys put them back by the rear axle. Plenty of room and away from heat.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Heres an idea to keep the theme of "Behind LX bumper"

lol

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Here is how I think did mine but I'm sure I have a LOT more room then you do
                    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Here's a pic of mine. It's not hidden, but I still have the condensor and at the time (before the bodywork) didn't care about having to hack it up to fit. It makes for an interesting conversation piece. LOL.

Comment

Ended up getting the 31x12x4 Godspeed setup

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                          might not be a bad idea, but where to put it that it'll get good airflow across it with the lx bumper will be fun.
                          Before I went with a water cooler mine was mounted to the bottom of the pass side rear framerail.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
                            Before I went with a water cooler mine was mounted to the bottom of the pass side rear framerail.
                            Would you happen to have any pictures of that set up?

Comment

Working...
                            X