Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting radiator support to move radiator forward.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting radiator support to move radiator forward.

Thinking about using an f-body style hotside setup to put a turbo on the lsx coupe. This is just an idea at this point, so I am trying to weigh the options.

If I wanted to retain a/c putting the turbo up in front of the engine seems to be the easiest option (like this)

I don't have quite as much room as the f-bodies do:

and the problem is obviously even worse with the Tarus electric fan

So my idea was to either cut into the core support and move the radiator physically forward, or to modify the lower section of the support to allow me to put the condenser and the radiator at an angle like the fbodies have. Only problem here would be I'd have even less room in front for a innercooler and presumably even less airflow across everything.

Anyone see any good options here?

Figure out a way to mount the rad on the front of the support. I wouldnt move it all though. Worse case I would cut the center out so the headlights and all that stay where they are and fab up a new lower and upper core support. You might even consider angle'ing the radiator to get you more room. I did that on the Datsun when I mounted the turbo.

Honestly though, in your case I would leave everything where it is and mount the turbo in front of the pass strut like most people do. You have alot more room in there than you think.

Comment

Working...
    X