Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to help/tell/show me how to work on my suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to help/tell/show me how to work on my suspension?

I'm a broke MF'er now since the government isn't paying me to do their dirty work anymore, and paying a shop to work on your car (as we all know) is very expensive. My beautiful Mystic Cobra rides like a M1 Abram and my ass can't handle the ride anymore... I'm pretty good at figuring out how things work and fit together but I don't want just start hacking things up on my beautiful car without someone that knows what they're doing standing over me guiding me through the process. I'll by you beer/grass/hookers, whatever it takes for some knowledge. So, who wants to help out a Vet? (I had to throw that in there, don't judge me)

Its a Mustang, not a Caddy. is it lowered? Might have to raise it to stock height if you want a better "softer" ride.
    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
      Its a Mustang, not a Caddy. is it lowered? Might have to raise it to stock height if you want a better "softer" ride.
      I'm getting the MM starter box kit. It has new CC plates, struts/shocks, springs, etc to smooth out the ride and still keep a lowered stance.

Comment

Good shocks have helped me on my lowered Mustangs AND Camaro's. Bilsteins and/or Koni's can really soak up a bad ride, but they're not cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
          Good shocks have helped me on my lowered Mustangs AND Camaro's. Bilsteins and/or Koni's can really soak up a bad ride, but they're not cheap.
          The kit comes with Bilsteins.

No one??

Comment

Where are you located? I just did shocks, struts, lowering springs and lower control arms on my 2000 GT and it's pretty easy!

Scott
            Scott Ganow
            Lone Star Performance
            16300 Midway Rd
            Addison, TX 75001
            214-630-5006

Comment

Originally posted by 00KBGT View Post
              Where are you located? I just did shocks, struts, lowering springs and lower control arms on my 2000 GT and it's pretty easy!

Scott
              I'm in Sachse!

Comment

You're not too far from me then, I'm in McKinney. Do u have an air compressor with an impact wrench? That is really the only thing you need other than basic ratchets, sockets, wrenches, prybar and maybe a small sledge.
                Scott Ganow
                Lone Star Performance
                16300 Midway Rd
                Addison, TX 75001
                214-630-5006

Comment

If you want to get together to do this, pm me and we can get something set up.
                  Scott Ganow
                  Lone Star Performance
                  16300 Midway Rd
                  Addison, TX 75001
                  214-630-5006

Comment

if the kit doesn't come with isolators you should replace them while you are in there if you want to keep a smooth ride. i always take mine out to get the extra drop, but i am starting to hate the ride and feeling the road.

just curious but what branch were you in?

Comment

Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
                      if the kit doesn't come with isolators you should replace them while you are in there if you want to keep a smooth ride. i always take mine out to get the extra drop, but i am starting to hate the ride and feeling the road.

just curious but what branch were you in?
                      I remember him saying Marines before.

Isn't the start kit in a box a coil over kit? If not I second the new isolator statement.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        I remember him saying Marines before.

Isn't the start kit in a box a coil over kit? If not I second the new isolator statement.
                        just looked. it isn't coil overs and it comes with iso's so i guess they thought of everything.

reason i asked about the service it because i was stationed at cannon afb and there was a guy there who had a mystic. i just thought it would be crazy if it was him because his s/n is "cannon". lol.

Comment

I'm in Sachse, with every tool needed, but I'd have to open a spot up in my shop for you. Oh, and the only payment I will accept is a left handed cigarette.

Comment

Maximum Motorsports will guide the way... sounds like Dave has you covered for labor. You're on the right path.

Comment

Thanks guys, once it gets shipped I'll really need a hand. Like I said beer, cigarettes whatever you guys need.

I was in the Marines and I was never stationed at an AFB.

Comment

Working...
                              X