fox body aod to t-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fox body aod to t-5

I'm picking up a t-5 from a forum member tomorrow night and would like a list of parts i'll need to do the conversion.

For anyone who cares, i've pretty much gotten rid of my 07 supercharged gt in persuit of something differant. I'm restoring/modding the shit out of an 88 lx 5.0 hatch. should be fun. I've already spent around 2K in the last 24 hours on mods.
    sigpic
    07 vortech GT - Sold
    88 fox 5.0 lx hatch - Sold
    09 procharged GT - Sold
    14 5.0 M6 road racer - Sold
    96 GT project car - current

5spd pedals, bellhousing,clutch/pressure plate, shift fork and cable, 5spd block plate,shifter boot, new back tires for when you wear out current ones. G/L.
    --carlos

sigpic

Comment

There's a little known bearing that replaces the bushing in the crank. Also, the speedo cable and clutch cable are routed differently in the cars. I also had to dremel the tranny tunnel a little to clear the 5 speed shift pattern.

Comment

Hardest part is swapping the pedals. Very easy conversion. I did a complete swap in an auto parts parking lot back in 2002.

Comment

Thanks guys. It came with a bell housing, so that's one thing off the list. What shifter should I do? Steeda tri-axe?
          sigpic
          07 vortech GT - Sold
          09 procharged GT - Sold

Comment

I don't know about other members on here but I prefer the tri-ax over any other shifter made for the t-5. It gives the best feed back in my opinion. Just my .02

Comment

I've had about 5 or 6 different shifters over the years on T-5s, T-45s, T-3650s, and while I don't think the Steeda has the shortest throw, I think it "feels" the best. That is what I would buy these days if I was in the market.

Comment

I agree hardest part of the swap is the pedals. Also, idk if this is true, but you might want to find out if your computer A9L more than likely is for an auto. I bet it is, Ive heard for a better idle switch and find one that's meant for a 5 speed

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jucostud View Post
                  I'm picking up a t-5 from a forum member tomorrow night and would like a list of parts i'll need to do the conversion.

For anyone who cares, i've pretty much gotten rid of my 07 supercharged gt in persuit of something differant. I'm restoring/modding the @#!*% out of an 88 lx 5.0 hatch. should be fun. I've already spent around 2K in the last 24 hours on mods.
                  Did you end up parting out the gt?
                  2012 GT500

Comment

Get an MGW shifter.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I did it in my Mustang and it wasn't too bad. Here is a link I found online on another forum that has a parts list, step by step instructions and pictures.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...procedure.html

Comment

Thanks guys, and yes cobraman, i got about 8k for all the parts i've sold so far. Have about 1500 worth of parts still in it that will come out.
                        sigpic
                        07 vortech GT - Sold
                        09 procharged GT - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
                          5spd pedals, bellhousing,clutch/pressure plate, shift fork and cable, 5spd block plate,shifter boot, new back tires for when you wear out current ones. G/L.
                          Just ordered an mgw shifter, clutch/pressure plate, and cable and it came with a bell housing... Anybody know where i can get the pedal and shift fork? BTW, new wheels and tires on order
                          sigpic
                          07 vortech GT - Sold
                          09 procharged GT - Sold

Comment

Just ordered an mgw shifter, clutch/pressure plate, and cable and it came with a bell housing... Anybody know where i can get the pedal and shift fork? BTW, new wheels and tires on order
                            I've got a 5spd car that is getting an auto. So if ya want to swap peddal assemblies let me know.
                            86 SVO

Comment

Thanks guys, and yes cobraman, i got about 8k for all the parts i've sold so far. Have about 1500 worth of parts still in it that will come out.
                              What is left?
                              Seems like that car was worth more as a whole..
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                              X