Fox idle issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox idle issue...

When the car is at a stop the rpms will flux between 900 and 750. It will idle to 900 for about 3-5 seconds and then drop to 750 for about the same amount of time and then go back up. If I turn the ac on it will go to 1000 and stay there. Is this something I should be concerned about? I just picked the car up as it sits a couple of weeks ago. Below are the specifics that will help you gurus:

BBK headers
    Flow Master muffler
    polished Paxton Novi 1000
    polished Cobra intake
    polised intake tube
    cobra heads
    lunati cam (dont have the cam card so I don't know exactly the duration and separation)
    msd wires and cap and rotor
    electric cooling fan(flex alite)

Thanks guys. When I get past being a complete retard and figure out how to post pics I will get some up.
    Originally posted by grove rat
    shiiiiiit.. i love em thick

i wouldn't worry about it too much since it's a 5.0, that is cammed, and blown. if your are really worried though i would check for vacuum leaks, check the tps voltage, and check the IAC valve.

Comment

Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
      i wouldn't worry about it too much since it's a 5.0, that is cammed, and blown. if your are really worried though i would check for vacuum leaks, check the tps voltage, and check the IAC valve.
      Cool..will do. Thanks for the info.
      Originally posted by grove rat
      shiiiiiit.. i love em thick

Comment

Originally posted by V8tt View Post
        When the car is at a stop the rpms will flux between 900 and 750. It will idle to 900 for about 3-5 seconds and then drop to 750 for about the same amount of time and then go back up. If I turn the ac on it will go to 1000 and stay there. Is this something I should be concerned about? I just picked the car up as it sits a couple of weeks ago. Below are the specifics that will help you gurus:

BBK headers
        Flow Master muffler
        polished Paxton Novi 1000
        polished Cobra intake
        polised intake tube
        cobra heads
        lunati cam (dont have the cam card so I don't know exactly the duration and separation)
        msd wires and cap and rotor
        electric cooling fan(flex alite)

Thanks guys. When I get past being a complete retard and figure out how to post pics I will get some up.
        I don't think anyone could begin to diagnose the problem without knowing what all was polished

Comment

stock (manual trans) tune calls for an idle of 670rpm. Disco the IAC valve and set your throttle stop screw so that the idle is below that. Reconnect the IAC, shut the engine off and restart it, and then give the ECM time to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
            stock (manual trans) tune calls for an idle of 670rpm. Disco the IAC valve and set your throttle stop screw so that the idle is below that. Reconnect the IAC, shut the engine off and restart it, and then give the ECM time to learn.
            i was going to suggest to reset base idle, but i figured it was pointless with cam and blower; especially with a big cam.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
              I don't think anyone could begin to diagnose the problem without knowing what all was polished
              i noticed that too. lol. to each his own.

Comment

On my old h/c/i forced induction fox, I did the following.

Disconnect the iab. Get a buddy to start the car. Adjust the throttlebody blade stop until the car runs about 800 rpms.

Turn off car, unplug battery, reconnect iab, reconnect battery.

Never had a issue after i did that

Comment

Working...
                X